“Great hotel, great location”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's location on "The Walk". The hotel overall did not disappoint. I booked thru Emirates Airline, and received a fairly good deal with a private car to and from the airport.
The room was a double and had a nice view of the sea. Breakfast was included and was fantastic. Sat outside most mornings with a cappuccino to start. It was lovely. The hotel is very stylish and the staff were very polite and helpful. One night after coming back to the hotel, we stepped on the elevator, only to be greeted by a waiter carrying 2 plates of chocolates, which we were eyeing up. As we got off on our floor, he handed us one of the plates and said, "enjoy". Very nice!!

Just a few negatives... On arrival, one of the staff dropped my suitcase as he was taking it out of the car and the handle snapped and broke off! I was a bit upset, as it was new luggage! He just handed me a piece of paper that said the hotel is not responsible for damaged luggage. Not much I could do at that point.

Second thing was that for half of our stay the pool area was closed! I understand that there was a function going on that they needed to set up for, but not having access to the pool was a major thumbs down! It was one of the reasons I booked this hotel, and not to have access was disappointing.

Last thing is be sure to check your room charges at the pool area. One afternoon I had lunch and a drink there. I was brought 2 drinks, and told the waiter I only ordered one. He took one back, but when my bill came, it had 2 drinks on it. I let him know that I only had one, and he then said, yours was a double! Rather than argue with him at this point, I let it go.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I appreciate the time you took to write a detailed review about your stay. It is good to know that you enjoyed the location and the hotel facilities overall. If you can send me an email on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae, I will investigate further into your luggage issue. Our hotel's policy is to reimburse the guest if the hotel is responsible for damaged luggage. I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the pool closure and the pool bill. I will share it with my F&B team for their correction.

I hope this did not impact the possibility of your return to Sofitel on your next Dubai trip.

Sami Nasser

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here during a trip to Dubai for IT training. The rooms are top notch with extremely comfortable beds. The desk was perfect for doing business and the wifi connection sufficiently fast. The bathroom was very nice however the toilette room is a little small. I was unable fit comfortably with the door closed.

The restaurant and bars in the hotel are also very nice. I enjoyed the pool side area (Infini Lounge) and the HUB witch is a laid back pub.

If you stay here or are in the area a visit to the HUB is a must. Top service by an international staff. Try the Buffalo Grass Mojito! It will surely not disappoint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower level and close to the front of the hotel. This will provide the best gulf...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai. I am excited to read your review. Sofitel caters to both business and leisure travellers and it is good to know that we fulfil their needs. I will share your review with the Management as per hotel's policy. All the feedback we get from our guests help in keeping up our motivation levels and continue providing excellent service that we are known for.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have just returned home from a 4 night stay at the Sofitel and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is ultra modern and stylish and in a great location. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a junior suite which was out of this world. Couldn't fault anything with it. The staff were extremely attentive and courteous and went out of their way to do the extra mile. We used the hotel's restaurants a few times and the food was generally good, but very pricey as were the drinks. The worst part of the hotel, however, is the pool area/patio which is cramped and crowded and you can't get away from the stench of cigarette smoke. We suggest you avoid it and take the 1 minute walk to the excellent beach. The hotel provides beach kit including loungers, towels etc. and it is a nice point that they also include bottles of drinking water. In the evenings the Jumeirah Beach area comes to life with a myriad of restaurants along 'The Walk' and an open street market. It has a very 'Mediterranean' feel. To the other side of the hotel is Dubai Marina.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai. I am excited to read your review and to know that you had a wonderful time here. We do our best to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible. I want to thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor and for sharing your feedback with us. We take all the reviews seriously and share them with the Management to improve upon the areas lacking and further strengthen our stronger areas.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

First the good points:
We booked a junior suite, which was amazing as expected. The club lounge food and drinks were of a very high standard. The italian restaurant was excellent and we ate there twice. The Irish Pub (except there was nothing Irish about it) had a good happy hour each day.The gym was well equipped and not very busy most of the time.
The bad point:
We read reviews about the pool area before we booked, and despite being concerned the comments about the beach pack reassured us. But in reality, you are given a towel, a bottle of water and a piece of canvas mat that can be adjusted to have a backrest - it has no padding. And yes, the beach is pretty nice, but it was packed every day and after about an hour of lying on the lumpy sand we gave up. The pool area really lets this hotel down, much of the space is taken up with a seating area that would be better utlised with more sunloungers. The whole area starts to look like a refugee camp with people using these chairs as sunloungers or just lying on the ground on cushions. We ended up heading down to the Sheraton each day and paying to use their pool and garden.
For this reason we would not return unless the whole outdoor area was extended to cope with the number of rooms. This is a real shame as this hotel is in an excellent location with lots of restaurants and other amenities right outside on the walk.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank axjones

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to review it on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your honest feedback about the pool area and the beach kit that we provide. The beach mat had to be light and comfortable for the guests to carry and so we had to rule out the option of padding. We will attend to the pool size in our next planned maintenance. I am happy to know that you were amazed by the Junior Suite, the Club Lounge, the Italian restaurant and the Gym.
If you need any assistance on your future visit to Dubai, please do not hesitate to contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Excellent hotel, staff very nice and professional. Good location! very good food!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah beach and for your feedback. I am happy to know that you liked the hotel, the food, the location and the professionalism of our Ambassadors.
If you wish to write to me in future, please do so on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae