“I wasn't sure I would, but I loved it!”
Review of Dolphin Bay

Dolphin Bay: Remote Natural Beach Getaway Day Cruise From Abu Dhabi
Ranked #9 of 418 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Bay in Dubai is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated dolphin habitats in the world. Here you can select from a range of dolphin interactions suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. Experiences range from standing in shallow water to swimming or scuba diving alongside these charismatic creatures. All Dolphin Bay packages also include access to Aquaventure Waterpark.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Being a vegan, I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole 'animals in captivity' thing. I have never visited a dolphinarium or watched a water show with whales and dolphins. So I was dubious about swimming with dolphins. However, Dolphin Bay was excellent. The dolphins are really well looked after and well cared for by the trainers. Yes, it is quite pricey, but I would rather pay the extra to know that the dolphins have an excellent standard of living. This is an awesome experience, the trainers are good fun, the bay itself is an excellent size and is very clean. I really learned a lot.

3  Thank NearlyHeadlessNikki

Reviewed 28 February 2012

love love love the dolphins. you learn a lot about them and their lives so educational as well as extremely enjoyable

Reviewed 24 February 2012

The dolphin centre here is very well maintained with a good balance of education and entertainment. The group leader and trainer were very good. My only criticism would be that I would have liked the group leader to take charge a bit more; i.e. ask people talking during the presentation to be quiet because you couldn't hear what he was saying, and making sure that people kept to time. There was a lot of waiting around for stragglers.
After the dolphin experience I really questionned myself as to whether the entire set up was ethical or not. The dolphins at the centre were caught in the wild just North of Australia. I don't think I agree with that. I'm also not sure that it is appropriate to train such beautiful animals to entertain us. There are other options for coming close to dolphins in the wild, and I think that these might be a better investment, albeit not a guaranteed experience.

5  Thank rophotographs
Reviewed 22 February 2012

A short swim, and playing in 20 min. with a dolphine, for the children it was a wonderfull time, but I think it was expensive, we touch the dolphine 8 times, "one touch 150 dollars"
It is a activitet for young children.

1  Thank Bomgaard
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was not cheap, worked out about £400 for a family of three but I have to say it was one hell of an experience and you really get up close to interact with the dolphins. My 7yr old was utterly mesmorised!