2,978 results
All reviews terrace bar nelsons bar nice hotel business trip room service enjoyed my stay emirates mall excellent stay metro station channels wilsons tecom taxi gym internet shisha uae
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff top class. Breakfast excellent, the restaurants at the hotel are excellent.

The pools area really nice :) could do with a nonsmoking area! This was rather unpleasant.

Gym, pretty good & staff very helpful.

Nelson’s bar, great beer, great music & great staff.. but so so smokey. Couldn’t stay too long which I was as gutted due to level of smoke in the room.

Spa - only bad thing about the hotel!! I booked a massage at 17:30, I arrived at 17:25, asked to take a seat by the receptionist who went off to see if my masseur was ready & never came back!! I waited until 17:50 & was told everyone went to dinner! Even the receptionist went to lunch. Very unprofessional!! No apology when I complained, it seemed they didn’t care. My room number was 1709.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew O
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Matthew O,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We treat every feedback with great importance and we regret to learn that your stay has been marred by your experience with our Spa team. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We've taken note of your feedback, and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the O2 spa in order to rectify the issue highlighted.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel was an average Dubai hotel, nothing special. We had club access and the only positive thing I could say was that the staff in the club lounge worked really hard and were very nice but only in the restaurant area, that doesn't extend to club check in. The food at snack time was plentiful as were the drinks, it lacked atmosphere but we may have visited during slack season, New Year's
eve.More later.
The pool is nestled in-between the two tall towers so sunshine is limited, I don't understand why it would be positioned there. Check for other hotels with proper rooftop pools. The pool bar was ok, service alright apart form New Year's Eve when trying to get a drink anytime before midnight.
The bedroom was large enough and nicely laid out, no issues there.
So the rating is knocked down due to the mix up over the transfer. After a 14 hour overnight flight from Australia we were tired and looked forward to our quick transfer to the hotel and some rest. After a no show of our driver and searching for 45 mins I rang the hotel, and they said no record of transfer. I check my emails and saw it plainly there - all flight details forwarded to them. They said get a taxi and they would pay. On arrival at the hotel they made the driver wait 1 hr and us too before they would process our check in. We were sent to the club check in. They wanted to see the email to them for the flight detail for the transfer, luckily I had forwarded it to both their reservation emails. Then started an investigation, they wanted to check why they had no record of it, that took 45 mins. I just wanted to get to the room having travelled all night. No apology and a grudging acceptance that they MIGHT have made a mistake. The would cover the cost.
Upon check out, guess what - they had added the taxi fare to my bill so I had to explain AGAIN what had happened, Then they launched the same investigation to check their email receipts after me showing my sending of the relevant details. Eventually, 30 mins later they removed the charge from the invoice.
Ridiculous. Would I stay there again? NO - leave s bad taste in the mouth. There are countless hotels average and above average in Dubai, I thought customer service was a priority but not at the Media Rotana.

Room tip: I'd say find another hotel
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonny5678

Dear jonny5678,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We regret to learn that there were aspects of our hotel that affected your overall impression of our products and services. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional stay, and it disappointing to know that that we were not able to achieve that in this occasion particularly the airport transfer. We would like to assure you that our team have been notified of your feedback to ensure that the issues that you have brought up will be addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The service was excellent at reception. The whole family loved the breakfasts. Hotel is 10 minutes walk to the metro which can take you all over Dubai. Just don't take anything from the bars in the rooms-very expensive.

Room tip: arrive early for breakfast as there is so much to choose from
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Shamiso Alice M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Media Rotana Dubai.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay, and felt well-looked after by our teams. It is always our great pleasure to learn how each of our valued guests' such as yourself appreciate our attention to detail in providing only the best when it comes to pampering you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

All staff were Super friendly and helpful , and the service was 5 star. the hotel location was excellent and near to all destinations. The hotel made our stay enjoyable and easygoing. I would definitely stay there on my upcoming visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear LCK6,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback.

Our team is more than pleased to know that our services and facilities made your stay an outstanding experience. We are delighted to know that you appreciated our efforts to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The hotel location is not the greatest, gets a bit cramped at the entrance area from the main street as it is just on the main street. The view just across the hotel could be better on the entrance side. There is a dusty car park just in front which takes away from the 5 star experience. There are several restaurants outside the hotel which makes for convenience if one is staying for many days and needs a break from hotel food. Hotel is near the metro, that's great. General ambiance in the hotel itself is good and once one enters it's easy to forget the car park outside. Staff are well mannered, polite and helpful. Love the swimming pool area on the 1st floor roof. There were not enough big towels in the room, just 1, though we were a party of 4, we also had to request for an additional bath robe, only 1 was provided. The bedding was good, mattress could have been better.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear rudopammug,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your constructive feedback. We hope that there will be another opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.