“great value for your money...”

Star Metro Al Barsha
Ranked #378 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“great value for your money...”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We've had overnight stays in this hotel whenever we have an event to attend in Dubai... it was always a pleasant stay... not something to write home about but in Dubai where everything is ridiculously inflated, this hotel gives you what your money is worth.. the rooms are clean and big enough.. reception was always friendly and accommodating... they always allow us late check out...we havent tried breakfast (i'm not sure if they offer...) Al Barsha area is pretty okay as it's near the Mall of Emirates, not yet entirely inside the city (so you avoid the traffic and crowd) and also near the Palm Jumeirah..
Could be a bit hard to locate the hotel as Al Barsha Area (back of MoE) looks like a maze with tons of other hotels and streets that look similar (lots of roundabouts).. There was one night that even our taxi got confused in the area! I suggest you get the satellite version map in google and have the hotel's number ready with you.. they would be happy to give you directions...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fyrebrat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Like all my hotel reviews, I base my rating relative to the price paid. Given it was New Years and i manage to book this hotel at $90 USD a night, it was a steal. However, had i paid $150+ I would've been highly disappointed. The hotel just didn't give you that clean feeling.

Arrived rather late at night, check-in was quick and easy. Hotel staff was the highlight of the property. Treated guests like you were at a 5-star hotel.

The apartment/hotel itself was spacious and had all the necessities for a long stay. I just never got the 'clean' feeling of this hotel. Arrived to no towels (they didn't have any until the morning) and a few stains on the couches, rugs, etc...But given my rate and the going rate of hotels during this time of year, it was fine.

Another huge downfall was no wifi. They had wired internet, but come on, spend a few hundred dollars for wifi.

hotel staff was great, hotel itself was so-so and the location left a little to be desired. If i could do it again i would've picked somewhere closer to the beach areas or downtown dubai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank damieniz1
California
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I have been to Dubai many times but this was the first time I spent anytime in the Al Barsha area. Normally I am only in town for a few days, but with 9 days on this trip I decided I wanted to be near the Marina and I was looking for a good price. I found both of them with Metro but was worried "you get what you pay for".

I was surprised. The hotel is new, clean and very nice. It is not a 5 star hotel, but then again neither is the price. I would give this hotel 4 stars and I would stay again. The location is near the mall (but a bit hard for some taxis to get to) and there are empty lots around it. I was able to walk 7 minutes to the Metro or take a taxi (always was able to get one out front). The only thing this hotel lacks is the grand restaurants and over the top service. I found the restaurant very nice, the bar friendly and the front office staff very nice and helpful. Frankly I think it is one heck of a deal and my only fear is that the more people that find this place, eventually the prices will rise.

Happy I spend 9 days with them.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkfromCA
Dubai
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed there for a few weeks. The staff simply does not care.
If it happened and you forget a belonging in the room after you check-out simply forget it!
Nobody from the staff takes any responsibility for anything!
Also the laundry service they are using is crap. I had several of my clothes damaged even teared and of course the hotel did not do any damn thing.

Obviously will never visit that hotel again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Alexia C

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2011

As this was our first trip to Dubai I was unsure where to stay for our 5 day stay there. Originally we were planning to stay either on the Palm Jumeirah or Jumeirah beach but settled on the Star Metro as it appeared very close to Mall of the Emirates. We arrived late at night from London and our transfer driver had trouble finding the place, which isn't a good start at 10pm with 2 tired children. However once we arrived check in and smooth and welcoming and we were ASTONISHED by the size of the rooms. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment but it was more like 2 large seperate apartments sharing the same common entrance. Everything you could want in there to be comfortable for your stay including kitchen, washer, dryer etc.. The hotel is about 3 minutes walk to the Ski Dubai side of Mall of the Emirates, which is where we took taxis back to as we figured it would be easier to walk back than have the taxi driver try to find the place. There is also a metro station at MOE but it won't take you everywhere (ie if you want to go to Jumeirah, the Palm etc). We took a cab all the way to Atlantis and it was only like AED30.
Aside from the large rooms, the place has a well equipted (for a hotel) gym, and they serve breakfast which I only had once as we took advantage of the kitchen facilities, but was nice.
This hotel was great for our stay and unless you are set on staying on Jumeirah beach or have a larger budget you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family