“Great hotel, great location”

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Ranked #103 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at Four Points Sheraton on Sheikh Zayed Road now on three ocassions and I have made it my hotel of choice when visiting Dubai. The location is excellent and very accesible from the airport with a taxi getting you there in approximately ten minutes or so, however that depends on the traffic within Dubai.

Like I say I have stayed at the hotel now three times with the first stay being back in 2009 and I have stayed twice this year, once in March and the most recent stay at the end of May.

The hotel is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road one of the main roads through Dubai, however even through the road is very busy with constant traffic this does not pose to be a problem. The hotel is ideally situated for everything, with the Dubai Maill and Burj Khalifa less than a couple of minutes away in a taxi, the Metro within walking distance as well as beaches and much more near by the hotels location makes it a very good choice.

The hotel is 43 stories high and the pool is located on the 43rd floor, together with a bar, gym, sauna and hairdressers and offers excellent views towards the Gulf, over Dubai and of course the busy Sheikh Zayed Road. The pool is on the small side and the number of loungers available is restricted due to space and the other draw back regarding the pool is that it is not accessible for people with disabilities due to only having traditional style pool ladders. The staff working at the swimming pool, gym I found to be very helpful and readily went out of there way to assist.

The rooms are comfortable, spacious with everything that you require and I also found that they were kept very clean and tidy and overall well maintained. As others have mentioned there is very large balconies off each room, however these are locked due to apparent safety concerns which on all three visits has never posed a problem to us however it would be a much added advantage if they could be opened, but that certainly did not distract to overall our stay being of a high standard.

Breakfast was included in our rate and this was served in the restaurant area off the lobby. On previous occassions I have found the breakfast to be of a high standard, however I noticed on this stay they appeared to be very streched and busy and had little time to provide service or assistance to guests due to the restaurant being full and limited numbers of staff available to clear tables or prepare for the next guest as well as serve coffee and tea. The menu did change from day to day and a great selection of eggs were available either scrambled, fried or as tasty omlettes.

There are a selection of coffee shops, fast food options as well as restaurants within minutes of leaving the hotel.

Overall I am very impressed with Four Points on Sheikh Zayed Road, however I must highlight that I have noticed a decline in the service offered by the front desk staff following on from my initial visit in 2009 and March of this year and my most recent stay in May. I was very disappointed to find that the staff on my visit this May appeared to be very harassed and verging on being abrupt. At no time was there a warm welcome or greeting on this visit and the staff on the front desk appeared to give the impression of having a couldn't care less attitude and this occured on each of the four days that I was at the hotel this May. If this had been my first stay I would have been greatly concerned and probably thought twice about staying again, however as mentioned I have found the service overall to be excellent on previous stays so therefore I hope that it was just a one off. I did notice that there was no management presence within the front desk or lobby area on this stay. On previous visits members of senior management were frequently in the lobby and around the front desk area to welcome guests and assist which I always found to be a nice touch. I acutally did request as did my travel partner to speak with a member of management due to the attitude of one of the members of staff however was told that no members of management were available due to it being the weekend.

Putting the issues aside with the front desk, overall the stay was very good and I would have rated as excellent if the issues we had encountred had not occured, and again this could have been rectified if a member of management had been available.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Dubai, it has lots to offer from comfortable rooms, excellent location and no doubt we shall probably stay again and would recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Any room location is good, however rooms on higher floors take longer to get to due to the journey t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
FPDowntownDubai, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Hi Insel1,

Firstly I would like to thank you for making Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road your preferred choice when staying in Dubai and for taking the time to review your stays with us.

I would like to sincerely apologize that you experienced issues with the Front Desk team members during your recent visit, and weren’t provided with the level of warm and welcoming service that you had grown accustomed to during your previous visits. This is not something we wish to hear from our guests, and I will do my utmost to rectify this situation for your next visit. If you would like to discuss your recent stay in more detail, I would be happy to make myself available. Please feel free to e-mail me at fiona.mcardle@fourpoints.com .

I am however happy to hear that for the most part you have been happy with the services and facilities that our hotel provides. Thank you for choosing us once more and for recommending us to other travelers.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I chose the FPBSSZR for my first stay in Dubai after booking the holiday with British Airways. I chose this hotel for the location and reviews. We wanted somewhere near Jumeirah but not too quiet, but also somewhere close to the older side. This hotel was perfect as it was right in between.

Check In:
Swift, about 5 minutes and they allowed the early check in I requested too. They also honoured my request for 2 double beds. Front office staff were very friendly and able to accomodate all requests.

The room:
Awesome. Spacious, very clean and great views even from the 10th floor. We had everything you'd require, such as free bottles of water, free tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board (which we didn't use!), hair dryer and lots of amenities. The air conditioning was great, but for some reason very noisy one night so we had to switch it off, but it was fine the next day. The shower/bath was great, hot and cold water almost instantly. The beds were very comfortable and HUGE considering there was only 2 of us staying! The sheets were changed daily upon request (by putting a card on the bed) and the room boys were very friendly.

Breakfast:
We had a breakfast option in our package. 3 words: it was great. What I hate about most hotels is that you tend to get the same menu each day, but the menu here for the hot food was changed on a daily basis. There was a good variety, from pancakes, parathas, french toast, Belgian waffles etc. If you head over to the counter at the end (where they serve the hot food), you can give an order for your eggs and how you want them, then they will be brought to your table. There was a lot more available too, from fresh fruit, yoghurts, juices, cerials, pastries etc (the usual continental stuff).

Shuttle:
The hotel offers free shuttle services to the major malls and to the beach. We used the shuttle to take us to the Wafi Mall as this was the starting point for the Dubai bus tour as well as a shuttle to the beach. The shuttle for the Wafi Mall takes a while to get there as it goes round to other hotels in the area. The beach shuttle wasn't too bad as I think it's only for Four Points hotels and they had already picked up guests from the other Four Points hotels.

Check Out:
Absolutely fine, except it did take a while. We were checking out at night (around 9pm) since our flight was at around 1am. A group were checking in so it's not the fault of the staff, but I felt they could have worked a bit quicker since we were waiting in line for around 10 minutes. However, when our turn came, I think they realised how long we had been waiting, so I just handed our room cards and he said he had checked us out (although he didn't ask for any info such as our room number).

Other:
Overall a superb hotel. We loved Level 43 with the pool and bar, saw some great views. We didn't use the gym but it looked like there was a lot available and it was also always empty when we walked by. One thing I noticed is how polite everybody is. Even if a member of staff sees you in the elevator, they will always say hello and ask how your day is. If you want a taxi, as others have mentioned, get one off the street as they're cheaper than the hotel taxis - the boys at the entrance would call a street taxi for us without us even having to ask them to do so. I think it was around 7 AED to Dubai Mall, but they take a minimum of 10 AED, which is not too bad still for around £2.

And finally, a big thanks to Nandana and Selzik at the entrance - very friendly and always happy to help.

We will return to this hotel when visiting Dubai again in the future without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to get a great view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
FPDowntownDubai, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Hi Paren,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to go above and beyond your expectations. It is experiences like yours that we strive to achieve.

I will ensure that Selzik and Nandana are recognized for your appreciation of their service provided. It is always nice to hear how our team members have made a guest’s stay more enjoyable.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Ad Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Great experience. I liked the hotel. The location is great with easy access to most areas of attraction. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Close to everything. Quiet rooms. Roof bar, super nice and actually quiet. Great views of Dubai, or at least the busy Sheikh Zayed Road.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Hi JeremyW,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. I am extremely happy to hear that our team provided you with helpful and friendly service during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I liked the hotel. The location is great with easy access to most areas of attraction. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I got to the hotel early so the check in time was few hours later. Yet they prepared a room for me and I checked in at 11 am instead of 3 pm. The rooms are efficient and comfortable. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Hi Falsaqr,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you liked our property and enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed in the rooms in this hotel in November, and though it was good and the location is central there are better hotels on SZR. The apartments however are highly recommended! We were 5 people that stayed very comfortably in the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment which has 2 walls of ceiling to floor windows with stunning views all the way out to the ocean and a great balcony to enjoy the breezy winter nights. The apartment was huge and fully equipped and the bedrooms were spacious with comfortable beds. The price was extremely reasonable especially when splitting it with 5 people.

Highly recommend the Sheraton for the Apartments much more than the rooms.

Room Tip: The higher the better for great views.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traceler
Hi Traceler,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback from your stay last year.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful apartments.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.