I have had the pleasure of staying at Four Points Sheraton on Sheikh Zayed Road now on three ocassions and I have made it my hotel of choice when visiting Dubai. The location is excellent and very accesible from the airport with a taxi getting you there in approximately ten minutes or so, however that depends on the traffic within Dubai.
Like I say I have stayed at the hotel now three times with the first stay being back in 2009 and I have stayed twice this year, once in March and the most recent stay at the end of May.
The hotel is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road one of the main roads through Dubai, however even through the road is very busy with constant traffic this does not pose to be a problem. The hotel is ideally situated for everything, with the Dubai Maill and Burj Khalifa less than a couple of minutes away in a taxi, the Metro within walking distance as well as beaches and much more near by the hotels location makes it a very good choice.
The hotel is 43 stories high and the pool is located on the 43rd floor, together with a bar, gym, sauna and hairdressers and offers excellent views towards the Gulf, over Dubai and of course the busy Sheikh Zayed Road. The pool is on the small side and the number of loungers available is restricted due to space and the other draw back regarding the pool is that it is not accessible for people with disabilities due to only having traditional style pool ladders. The staff working at the swimming pool, gym I found to be very helpful and readily went out of there way to assist.
The rooms are comfortable, spacious with everything that you require and I also found that they were kept very clean and tidy and overall well maintained. As others have mentioned there is very large balconies off each room, however these are locked due to apparent safety concerns which on all three visits has never posed a problem to us however it would be a much added advantage if they could be opened, but that certainly did not distract to overall our stay being of a high standard.
Breakfast was included in our rate and this was served in the restaurant area off the lobby. On previous occassions I have found the breakfast to be of a high standard, however I noticed on this stay they appeared to be very streched and busy and had little time to provide service or assistance to guests due to the restaurant being full and limited numbers of staff available to clear tables or prepare for the next guest as well as serve coffee and tea. The menu did change from day to day and a great selection of eggs were available either scrambled, fried or as tasty omlettes.
There are a selection of coffee shops, fast food options as well as restaurants within minutes of leaving the hotel.
Overall I am very impressed with Four Points on Sheikh Zayed Road, however I must highlight that I have noticed a decline in the service offered by the front desk staff following on from my initial visit in 2009 and March of this year and my most recent stay in May. I was very disappointed to find that the staff on my visit this May appeared to be very harassed and verging on being abrupt. At no time was there a warm welcome or greeting on this visit and the staff on the front desk appeared to give the impression of having a couldn't care less attitude and this occured on each of the four days that I was at the hotel this May. If this had been my first stay I would have been greatly concerned and probably thought twice about staying again, however as mentioned I have found the service overall to be excellent on previous stays so therefore I hope that it was just a one off. I did notice that there was no management presence within the front desk or lobby area on this stay. On previous visits members of senior management were frequently in the lobby and around the front desk area to welcome guests and assist which I always found to be a nice touch. I acutally did request as did my travel partner to speak with a member of management due to the attitude of one of the members of staff however was told that no members of management were available due to it being the weekend.
Putting the issues aside with the front desk, overall the stay was very good and I would have rated as excellent if the issues we had encountred had not occured, and again this could have been rectified if a member of management had been available.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Dubai, it has lots to offer from comfortable rooms, excellent location and no doubt we shall probably stay again and would recommend the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is strategically located on the most prestigious stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road. We’re within easy reach from the World Trade Centre, Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Dubai International Financial Centre, various corporate hubs and Business Bay. The world’s largest mall, Dubai Mall, the spectacular Dubai Fountain and the world’s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa are a convenient 5 minute drive away. If you’re keen on exploring the city, the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is where you want to be, with 2 metro stations within easy reach and Dubai International Airport just 15 minutes away. Whether you’re in town for business or leisure, you’re in for a great stay in each of our 384 modern, comfortable and spacious guest rooms, suites and apartments. After a long day of business or sightseeing, enjoy spectacular views from our floor-to-ceiling windows or relax in front of the flat screen TV, before getting a good night’s sleep in the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™. Plus, enjoy free extras like bottled water and wireless Internet access. Our business rooms offer extra space for the working professional on the go, plus complimentary access to the Z Lounge, where you can enjoy breakfast, happy hour and all-day snacks. The one, two and three bedroom apartments are ideal for families and extended stays. Start each day with a good breakfast at The Eatery, our all-day dining restaurant. After a hard day’s work or sight-seeing, relax at Charlie’s and enjoy steaks and a great selection of local, regional and imported craft beers from our Best Brews™ Program. If you’re in the mood for the exotic, try our authentic Moroccan Restaurant or indulge in hearty Italian buffet at Luigi's. If you’re looking to get active, the Four Points by Sheraton offers a well-equipped gym and one of the highest located pools in the area, on the rooftop. Level 43 Sky Lounge, also on the rooftop, was named Best Bar in the Middle East at the Middle East Hotel Awards. It offers an excellent venue to enjoy tasty treats, drinks and spectacular 360 degree views of Dubai’s skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai Hotel Dubai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
- Four Points Dubai
- Dubai Four Points
- Dubai Sheraton