New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #96 of 543 Hotels in Dubai
Mississauga
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great hotel in a great location. We decided to have a hotel on Sheik Zayed Road, close to the Metro line. Hotel was so convenient. room was spacious, with 2 very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good. Staff were helpful with arrangements. When we had to have an early room service breakfast it was supplied at the correct time.
When I had to extend my stay for 2 more nights I stayed in the same room even though the hotel was fully booked. The rooftop pool was beautiful, and the view from there was amazing.
Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mississuagatraveller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel back in December 2010, so when bringing a group of 20 people with us this time we chose to return. The hotel was just as good as we remembered and we even took advantage of the buffet breakfast this time which was great. Lots of options on the buffet (Asian, European, Arabian, and even a bit of American). Breakfast staff was very friendly.

The pool and bar on the roof were always a great hang out spot offering spectacular views.

The location is very convenient to all of Dubai and surrounding areas. Using this hotel as a base camp for a week we went to Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Atlantis, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Sharjah, Cruise Port, and the Airport. Within walking distance are about 50 restaurants, two Starbucks, grocery store, and everything else you could need.

At peak times there can be a short wait for an elevator, but it was never more than a few minutes.

We used both the paid internet in the rooms and the free wifi in the lobby without issues.

Check in staff was okay, probably could have been a bit friendlier or efficient, but at a big international hotel I wasn't expecting much more.

I see many reviews complaining about the balcony's not opening. I don't remember that ever being advertised to us in the last two years and they haven't opened in the last two years. I don't think it's that big of a deal when you can just go up to the roof for even better views.

Basically, this is my go to hotel in Dubai and we'll be back for a third stay again in the future!

Room Tip: Higher floor, corner rooms will give you the best view. If you're a light sleeper you'll wa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FPDowntownDubai, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Hi Themeparkreviewtrips,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad we didn’t disappoint when you brought a group back with you on your second trip. I apologize that you only found the check in staff to be “okay” and that they could have been friendlier or more efficient, this obviously isn’t the level of service we strive for our guest’s to experience and will use these comments as a learning experience. We hope that we will get to welcome you back for that third stay real soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

So planning my trip to Dubai I spent days on here reading reviews of hotels....I went through tons, I was comparing the negitives and really deciding what was worth it! I was stuck between about 3...Then I thought, Ok I'm gonna be in Dubai at the beach and doing all kinds of stuff, I won't be spending much time in room why not be practical and get a nice room for less. I did just that! I am so pleased I stayed at this hotel! No its not on the beach and it's not the Jumeriah but it's great for a couple or group of friends. The rooms were very clean and big, (I got a starwood preferred room being a member) and I would say get one on the street side, (better view) yes a bit louder but unless ur the lightest sleeper ever u won't notice! Staff very helpful, lobby is small but who really cares, it's clean and there to easily check in. The lifts take a few min sometimes but the complaints on here are clearly from overly impatient people. Longest we waited was maybe 3 min. We had free water in rooms everyday and was just a perfect place. Cabs are so cheap as well! :) Def stay here if you are on a budget or would just rather save a little on rooms to splurge more on shopping and great food like my bf and I! We went to the Jumeriah and the rooms there werent that impressive and that hotel is like 3 times the price....Silly if you ask me. Anyway Enjoy your visit with Dubai. Dubai Mall is about 4 euro cab ride. Very close :) Oh and the concierge can book all your tourist needs, safari, atlantis, food, anything! :)

Room Tip: Get a higher room on the street side....If you arrive late ask for an SPG room if any are avail :)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katyj505
Hi Katyj505,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our hotel to be good value and enjoyed your experience with us. Very happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Our stay of 3 nights at this property was not worth highlighting. A very lacklustre approach by the front desk. We were promised a early wake up call with morning tea, that was conveniently forgotten. Hence the day began with inconvenience. The Breakfast at coffe shop at the lobby level, was the same all the 3 days. Only point to write home was the extra courteous coffee shop staff.
We did use the business centre on the first floor, was very elegant with good amenities and proffessional staff.
Would recommend this hotel only for its location which is closer to the airport and other shopping malls

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, be doubly sure to get a non smoking room as the entire hotel stinks of toba...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CMENON
Hi CMENON,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the level of service provided to you by front desk did not meet your expectations; this obviously is not what we wish for our guests to experience. I would also like to apologize that your wakeup call was missed; I understand how inconvenient this must have been for you and I assure you that we have taken your comments as a learning experience to prevent future incidents. I am glad however that our Eatery and Business Centre staff had been courteous and professional. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Since you need to travel to anywhere in Dubai, this was a great mid point to the airport and to Dubai Mall/ Burj Khalifa. The hotel had their own taxi service (60 dirhams to the airport) where the normal flag down rate would be approx 45-50 dirhams, but you have an immediate "luxury" taxi waiting- hence the price difference.

Room was large and spacious- had a balcony but could not open due to safety concerns by hotel management (all balconies are locked). Modern and clean. Rooms were quiet enough and slept well. There is a really good Moroccan restaurant on the 2nd floor and a cool rooftop bar next to the swimming pool offering great views- pity I was there during a mild sandstorm and did not get to enjoy it as much as I would like to. Breakfast buffet was good- mix of international which is interesting with all the Moroccan/Arabic breads, cheeses and olives.

Had an amazing massage by the Thai masseuse on the top floor spa, which ended off my stay nicely.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hi Kapha_angel,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, restaurants and spa facilities. We hope to welcome you back again soon when there isn’t a sandstorm so you can make the most of the panoramic views from our pool deck.