22,168 results
All reviews water park imperial club lost chambers dolphin bay royal pool east tower nasimi beach half board ronda locatelli dolphin experience saffron restaurant leap of faith aqua venture zero entry hotel guests free entry kids club
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We as a family of four checked in to this hotel at around 3 pm. Location, facilities and decor deserves a five star rating but I chose a 3 star as few things are not expected from a Hotel of such standard and considering the price one pay for one night.

We booked for a sea view room at upper floor which was allotted. The view from the hotel was breathtaking. Two large double beds was good enough for our family of four. The complimentary access to water park (not all rides) and lost world aquarium was provided.

Once inside its more of a big mall than a Hotel. The bad parts during my stay_

1. The front desk where almost ten counters were there was very slow. Had to be in the que for almost an hour before we check in. The receptionist will be away to the back office to sort out problems leaving the long que stranded for several minutes.

2. The bell desk did not deliver one of my luggages to the room. Had called them thrice and every time I was responded that someone will assist me immediately. After waiting for almost half an hour i went downstairs to search for my luggage. After searching several bins, I found my luggage in one corner, the tag was missing. The unapologetic staff handed over the suitcase to me which i carried to my room.

3. More surprise in store for me. While going for the water park I was told that the only adult members have the complimentary access, children will have to pay. When I protested the staff rudely said if you have any problem contact the reception. The 10 person reception has now become a three member one as perhaps the check in time is well over. After spending one staff updated the status in their data base and when I told the trouble i faced since checking in I was told that they are extending my check out by two hours. The band issuer at the entrance to the water park told us that these things need to be verified during check in. I told that this is not required if you have any inclination to change yourself as by her words it was clear to me that this is normal for them.
4. Extension for check out by two hours? That's not the style of the Atlantis!

If you are booking for Breakfast make sure you are there before time as there are long ques to enter the hall.

Room tip: Ones choice whether Sea view or Palm view
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SRKK2013
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

While I am pleased to read your positive comments, I am disappointed to learn about the waiting time that you had faced during your check-in. I wish to assure you that all our team processes check-in on a first come first serve basis and based on the availability of room type that our guests have booked for. In addition, we are constantly looking for ways to better manage our luggage services, especially during peak hours to avoid any inconvenience to our guests. Having said this, I have relayed your feedback to the concerned heads of the departments for their review and appropriate actions.

Moreover, I am saddened to know about the difficulties that you faced at Aquaventure Waterpark. Please accept my sincere apologies for any miscommunication that you may have encountered. Nonetheless, I have briefed my team on your review, and we will continue to reinforce our service standards with all colleagues and minimise any form of a communication barrier.

In view of avoiding any delays during the breakfast period and also enhancing the experience of our guests, another restaurant is opened as an additional option for our guests to have their breakfast during busy period apart from Saffron and Kaleidoscope buffet restaurants. Nevertheless, please be assured that your comments have been taken on board for continual improvement.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Atlantis for a conference in January and I was very disappointed about the hotel room, it was really basic and it was not up to the standards I was expecting for a room in that price category. The room was simple and with basic decoration and needed some renovation (Which was actually happening on the floor above starting at 8:00 in the morning!) I have to say, I saw other rooms and they were already renovated and in much better conditions.
The infrastructure of the hotel and amenities are really amazing, but at the end you need a nice welcoming bedroom to get a good rest.
From all the hotels I stayed in Dubai, this was the room I enjoyed the least.
In addition they have a lot of staff, but unfortunately they didn’t seem to be really organized, especially at check-in and check-out.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Micmaf
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I truly regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations this time around. As you have rightfully mentioned, we are in the process of refurbishing our rooms and we are looking forward to providing all our esteemed guests with more amazing experiences. Moreover, we are doing our utmost best to minimize any disturbance from the refurbishment exercise.

Coupled with the above, I have taken good note of your feedback about your check-in and check-out experience, and I have shared it with the concerned head of the department for review and appropriate actions.

Thank you once again for your feedback. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This review is written from the perspective of a family that were at the limit of what they could afford so may say towards the cost saving but hopefully contain some useful information.
Getting to the hotel - I’d recommend a taxi, we were charged 130 dirham on the way there and 90 on the way back? Still less than £30! Stay away from the unmarked limos, they are expensive, go with the sandy colored marked taxi, get a pink roof for a lady driver if you need it.
The room - we had a basic double with 2 double beds. The room was large and comfortable, had an iron, ironing board, hair dryer, mini bar, kettle, TV. The plug sockets are English 240v type and also have multi adaptors as per the photo. Towels and toiletries are plentiful. Our room was cleaned every morning, the guys checked every day if we needed more water and were great. The fridge only works if you allow charging to the room. Worthy of note if you want cold water.
Food and Drink - Each tower (wing) has a buffet style restaurant under it which are very similar. Breakfast is plentiful and good quality as is evening meal. We were half board so tended to fill up at breakfast and not bother with lunch however it was available at a cost. Evening meal can be taken at these buffets or at one of the 7 other free restaurants. We liked the ‘Shore’, it also had a happy hour between 5-7 where beer spirits and cocktails are at a reasonable price circa £3 a drink. You have to pay for all drinks in the evening and it’s not cheap, 35 dirham for a bottle of water!
The pool - towels are provided, if you want a pool front lounger then a towel down by 8 is required. No rush if you’re not bothered where you lay all day. The pool is no deeper that 1.2m all the way round and Is fairly plain with no slides etc. The pool has approximately 8 life guards and is the safest I’ve ever been in. This is also the same for the water park. Free towels and a life guard every 10 meters.
Top Tips
Got to the mall of Dubai and Burj Khalifa early in your stay, this allows you to go to Waitrose in the mall and stock up on drinks, tonic snacks etc.
You can take 1 liter of spirits per person with you on the flight. If you have young kids and need to be in the room early, it’ll save you a fortune.
Go to the water park early, it gets busy later on. Get a wrist band from the hotel and head down to the path near the beach for a free electric buggy straight in!
Go to happy hour
Generally a great hotel with great staff and the facilities are amazing, drinks are ridiculously priced but apart from that, it’s amazing.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Ponchomole
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

At Atlantis, The Palm, we strive to offer the best experiences for our guests and I am happy to learn that our efforts had reflected on your recent visit. I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed on to the team.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our second time here at the Atlantis and amazing once again, real shame about the restaurants this time but everything else super!! The best family holiday and hotel in the world! It’s our daughters birthday tomorrow, no better place. One thing I would say is the receptionist tonight at Locatelli’s is super rude.....

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed your visit at Atlantis, The Palm. Moreover, you can be assured that I have shared your comments with my team to continually improve our products and services in order to consistently meet the expectations of our guests.

Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residence

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I liked my stay here overall - however, for some adults looking for peaceful and quiet holiday, I can see why this place might not be for them.
This place offers lots of activities for kids whether it’s the water park or aquarium which are all connected to the hotel. My stay included unlimited entries to these places, so my stay here wasn’t boring at all! ( for example, I went to water park towards the end of the day to avoid crowd as I could return on any other day for free again). Importantly, for someone who absolutely takes food seriously, this place offered lots of choices in terms of restaurants (I went for half board package) - I loved Ayamna, Breadstreet kitchen, Ronda Locatelli and Saffron. We only had drinks at Ossiano so can’t comment on food but the view of aquarium was lovely. The only restaurant that disappointed was Shawafel among those I tried. The deco itself is a bit too colourful for my taste (reminded me of a theme park rather than a 5 star hotel) - the hotel is grand but maybe due to the deco, I didn’t feel it looked that luxurious and was slightly underwhelmed by it at the beginning. Overall though, even without children, we had lots of fun here as a couple, going to different restaurants and trying out free activities!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HnD2
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018