“Best hotel we have ever been too!!”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #120 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at this hotel and it was AMAZING!!! From the moment we checked in to our late check out we were treated like royalty! All the staff were so helpful and friendly, the water park is brilliant and in my opinion much better than the wild wadi, the lost chambers us a must see also! The rooms are decorated very nicely and are spacious and ours had a great view of the palm and the Dubai skyline! We ate at the Shore restaurant and enjoyed an amazing sea food platter! Overall our weekend was unforgettable and we are already planning our return trip next year!! As it was our anniversary we also received complimentary early check in, late check out and a free upgrade to a higher floor - as well as a cake after our evening meal!!

Room Tip: We chose a room higher up with a balcony overlooking the palm!! Awesome!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave P

Reviewed 7 September 2012

This is the place to splash your cash, in more ways than one! If you love water you'll love Atlantis! Renowned as the sunken lost city it houses the most amazing Aquarium and as a lover of tropical fish, I filled up by observing the fish from every angle, be it in Oceania the restaurant, or the back room tour, you are going to be pushed not to love the experiences here where there simply is not enough space to write up everything we loved... Please Enjoy - Hugs TV

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

There was nothing not to like about Atlantis and I can't put my finger on why, however it was not a great as I expected.

We were upgraded when we arrived to an imperial room, after a hard sell for us to buy the upgrade we were given it free anyway when we said no to the cost.

The rooms were nice, clean and in good order but there was nothing extra from any other 5 star hotel.

Having a baby with us I asked for a DVD player for the room but had to sign a disclaimer for it - not notmal 5 star service.

We requested a cot for the room and were told at check in it would be brought to the room soon - when I called that evening 6 hours later I was told "you did not request a cot" - not what i expect from 5 star service.

There are 2 stunning pools however the fact the loungers are 5 deep and crammed together did not make them feel like you were at a 5 star resort but more like a 3 star in Spain. There were none of the little things we have had from other hotels in the area like free fruit or cooling sprays. The service around the pool area was poor and finding a waiter was slow and inconsistent.

We visited the water park and aquarium for free as part of the of the package, both of these attractions were great and did not dissapoint and would be great if you are a family with older kids.

Dubai is expensive and Atlantis more than most. Do not expect to eat or drink here without a large bill at the end. It was around £4 for a can of coke at the pool and the mini bar.

This is our 5th visit over 5 years to Dubai and surrounding areas and I was really excited to stay in Atlantis, I'm glad I've been and I'm sure once the kids are older we will visit again however in the next few years I'll go back to the royal meridian hotel and spa for less money.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I think this would be a perfect location for the entire family, there are things to do for everyone. Attarctions and rides are a bit expensive, so if your are a large family look for offers. I went with my wife ... she wants to go back... the dolphin attraction is recommended for kids, they will love it. ..note. try to take your own photos since you will love the photos they will take and you will be tempted to buy them for about $80

Room Tip: all rooms are good and have nice views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was staying there by myself when visiting a friend in Dubai. The hotel offers a huge amount of attraxctionsm, so there is no way you get bored there. I did safari tours, aquapark, swin with dolphins. They have great restaurants and night clubs. The choice of dining places is unbeliavable. I loved Nasimi beach. One of the best beach clubs I visited in Dubai.
The overall experience was just great. The hotel is full of tourists from all over the world and sometimes gets too crowdy in the lobby, but at night in was quiet enough.
The beach and the swiming pool was just amazing.
So 200% reccommended for firends and families for the holiday in Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo