“Good location”

Copthorne Hotel Dubai
Ranked #260 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Check in at 0400 was easy and the staff very friendly.
The room had a good view over the creek and was fairly clean.
Breakfast was not bad and there was plenty of it.
A major problem which we find off puting is the seperate male/female use of the pool. The management must look at a way around this if Dubai is a global city.
Other than that would suggest to friends

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luapnonnac
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

This hotel is very well located with friendly staff and good rooms and breakfast. The only problem was that water in the shower was cold and there were no additional heating equipment. In addition, pool area was divided for males and females.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mireia M
CopDxb, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Sir/Ma`am,

Greetings from Copthorne Hotel Dubai!

First of all let me take this opportunity to Thank you for choosing Copthorne Hotel Dubai for your stay. At Copthorne the Management team as we as the Operation team works around the clock to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and are well taken care of.

I understand from your review posted on Trip Advisor that you faced inconvenience during your stay with us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused, I am writing to you to bring it to your notice that we have addressed the issues and concerns faced and raised by your good self. Please be rest assured that some of them have been rectified and the others which could not be rectified immediately due to technical issues are under process to be solved soon.

Trust the above assures our commitment towards our guest satisfaction being our priority. Do let us know in case you plan your next visit and stay at Copthorne we will ensure personalized services, to makes your stay memorable.

Should you require any further clarifications or assistance please feel free to contact us, we would be more than happy to assist you at all times.

Copthorne Hotel Dubai Managment

Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

There is no good think I can say it about these hotel
If we start with the service is terrible There is no interest at all
I Booked 3 suites where we were 3 families, the first proplem is when we arrived to the hotel at 12:30 pm the leave as on the lobby until 2:00 pm the check in time and were the rooms is ready and when am asking to talk to the manager they told me the manager is off every Friday ,there is no smile at all, after I go to my suite I called the room service to have a baby bed the I was order it before they told me not available but I was request it before 20 days the time of reservation the room service guy told me (do you want from us to keep it specially for you from before 20 days) ,they didn't wash the bathroom just change the garbage and but a tissue, the furniture is dirty and flawless , when my causen 6 and 9 years old go to access the pool they told them its only for ladies to 2:00 pm and after we seen the pool from our terrace there is a adult men's, and allot

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank MKMIY
Reviewed 2 June 2012

i visit dubai alot since im only 4 hours away sometimes for business and sometimes with the family and i have stayed in a lot of places no star to 5 star keeping that in mind

Pro's: the room was clean and the bed was comfy location was amazing as we had business in deira and sharja and if you need anything city center mall is close buy parking's are available underground and out side the hotel

Con's: the staff need a lesson in customer service and we were spoken to in a rude way and i noticed she was the same with other people and i was amazed the this is how guests are treated in a 4 star hotel. we also booked our room with free breakfast and we were told to wait as there where 16 people ahead of us and we needed to wait for an hour before we could eat they should increase the seating capacity

even though i loved the room the poor staff treatment is a the factor that will make me chose one of the many hotels available around dubai

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hilal R
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I visited the Copthorne Hotel on a recent trip to Dubai and had a mixed feeling from the hotel. Antilog Vacations , A Dubai specialist travel agent gave us a nice,crisp and cheap package & we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.

Hereby I note some of the major pros and cons:

PROS:

• I am a teetotaller and hence liked the dry nature of the hotel with little alcoholic environment.
• Location wise, full marks to Copthorne, as it is located very near to the mall I liked the most – the City Centre Mall.
• The rooms were quite spacious at around 550 square feet furnished with large wooden closets and wardrobes. The designs were quite modern and I could tell I was in an above average hotel.
• The behaviour of the staff was excellent and they were quite courteous and co-operative too. Room service also good as there were no hassles.
• The hotel is in a secluded private space and you would like the serene nature of the hotel if you are a quiet private person.
• The tariff was not very high and I would say that the Copthorne was light on the pockets.

CONS
• The kitchen provided is futile to say the least as it has no decoration and is devoid of any utensils, microwave or oven. The cabinets are all empty and they could seriously think of doing something else with the space.
• The bathrooms are quite stuffy and need to be ventilated properly. The reception area is also quite small and a tendency to become too crowded during peak and check out times.
• The cleaning standards of the rooms and adjoining areas should improve, as I was appalled to find over used bed sheets and towels being given every day.
• There is a scarcity of lifts as only two are present for the clients.
• There are very few channels available on TV; the ones present are mostly Arabic.
• Wi-fi internet is also absent and is something which they should put up, if they are planning to compete with other hotels.

So all in all a mixed response and its your call based on the positives and negatives.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business