“My Favourite Hotel”

Ranked #54 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Perth, Australia
“My Favourite Hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We have just spent 3 nights (22,23,24th July) at this wonderful hotel. We had 2 rooms on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and ocean. Views were spectacular, staff wonderful, pools amazing and all in all a highly recommended hotel. Can't wait to return but for longer next time. The rooms were so large and very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Room service and pool side food amazing. A taxi ride any where we needed to go, so location great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear karen060862,

thank you for your great feedback on your very recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that we made on your list of favourite hotels.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our Rooms and our other facilities such as the pool and our restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future for a longer stay!

With best regards,
Stewart Selbie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Returning from my 13 days -> 8th -> 21st July 2012, I would like to share my review regarding this surprising Hotel: The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina.

During my past years, I’ve travelled in many places around the world. I know the UAE very well and almost each Emirate… and hotels -) On holiday I’m always seeking for: new experience, value for my pocket, including top food, good desserts and a lot of leisure… my rate is at least looking for the BEST, cause we are in Dubai!!!!

Having just left the mind blowing Atlantis The Palm (8 nights) I directly went to this unknown hotel… It was for me the first time… and was way beyond my expectations...

I’m not going to explain, each point but… sincerely, I really enjoyed the whole area, beautifully done... unforgettable atmosphere. The minimalistic beige architecture & design of the resort deserve compliments for sure.

At the reception, fast check-in: they have high qualified staffs like Atif ALjasmi (Manager) with his assistance & attitude; he definitely improved our stay in a positive manner. Daily he came to share his greetings, smile and if everything was okay. Whatever we could ask: it was always done right away! Thank you Mr. Atif ALjasmi!

The room is well perfumed, always top clean. We stayed at the ground level with direct pool access. The safeguards surrounding the pools are always smiling; polite and very Pro even at 50° degrees (in Dubai summer is too hot!). When you dialog with them; they always have an eye towards children & guests. Guards like Amila Silva, Nuwan & other colleagues, deserve all my best gratitude, I cannot forget them, they’ve watch, have fun with my daughter (aged 5) all the time and they surely change my stay into a memorable holiday!

The plus of the hotel is the Atrium zone (main floor), while listening to live piano: themes like 1492 from Vangelis, the last of the Mohicans... Staffs like Priti Meshram & Janu are all the time top notch, very qualified & make you easily comfortable. At the Atrium you can order sandwiches, pastries, beverages… I think, I’ve tried almost all the desserts range and truly, it deserves easily a 5 Stars! Here we ain’t talking about cafeteria food, deep-frozen stuff... it’s another level: World Class Level.

I even tried their Pizza -> Margarita, what’s more difficult for a Chief to make a stupid pizza with tomato and extra cheese? Frankly a must do: try their Margarita Pizza, absolutely fantastic: the paste melting in your mouth, fresh tomato & ingredients… personally the best Pizza I’ve ordered in Dubai!

The bottom of this hotel is clearly the food range; the 5 star also goes for The Bleu Orange Restaurant: Coming from a capital (Brussels) where food, meals & dinner are first-rate, per experience: you wouldn’t find here in the Middle East the same equal regarding: food, fresh breads, pastries or culinary plates … even at Dubai...

But a The Blue Orange, it was a slap on my face!

Great service! Great atmosphere & lovely setting with chefs checking if everything is at least perfect. Everything was excellent! Plenty different perfumes; meats, vegetables cooked to perfection, lamb & lobster melting in the mouth! Crazy, every day, it’s another buffet! Even the buffet at noon it’s never the same at night (dinner). A few hotels in the world can afford this level of perfection!

One thing I would suggest, the desserts, they are made by the Executive French Pastry Chief "Fabrice Cardelec" and they are absolutely unbelievable!

Yes, irrefutably well designed and melting in your mouth! Ask for the red Cheese Cake (in the Atrium) it’s an extraordinary moment too! Chief Fabrice and his team understand how to treat flavors like the chocolate or the mango: as an ingredient and also as a World Class dessert !

Surprisingly they didn’t forget the big amateurs of French bread and Viennoiseries! They also have a nice & perfect selection of cheeses properly served and described.

What More Can You Ask For?

All round World Class Meal! First-rate value for money!

In conclusion: Excellent hotel... Probably for this hotel my review sounds like an advert but I'm really impressed for the high quality in most all services. Unforgettable sunshine (at the pool), wonderful breakfast (real French, tasty fresh pancakes, oh my god!) and daily remarkable buffet!

Really one of the best hotels I have tried in my whole life.

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an extraordinary great place to stay & certainly to discover once in your life.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Najib H
Dear najib h,

thank you very much for your detailed and great feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am particularly delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed our rooms and the restaurants, but especially that our great team of associates was able to make you feel welcome and valued throughout your stay, as it is them that created this experience for you.

Please rest assured that we are sharing all your comments with our Team and I hope to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future for another fantastic experience.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed here in June for 3 nights and it was a very enjoyable stay. Beds are 100% heavenly and if I had the money I would buy one!
We especially enjoyed the Bullfrog cocktails at the swim up pool bar although limit yourself to 2 of these (I had 3 and regretted it!). The grounds are spacious so although the hotel was busy we had no problems finding sun loungers etc.
We had breakfast at the Blue Orange which was always busy but the staff coped remarkably well given the amount of people they serviced. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: ask for room 323 which has the biggest balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Arabiasup,

thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us last month.

It is great to see that you enjoyed our Heavenly Beds and our restaurant offerings throughout the Resort. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Teams well.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for another restful stay in our heavenly Beds.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

A great relaxing break in the sun. Meals and service was excellent, with all the hotel staff being very attentive and helpful. Pools and beach were perfect.

Room Tip: Sea view and include breakfast, the buffet is exceptional value.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Terry252
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Terry252,

thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this year.

I have also seen from your Blue Orange comment that you enjoyed our Bubbalicious Friday Brunch as well as the other offerings of the restaurant.

Please rest assured that I will pass your comments to our team as well and I hope to welcome you back to the Resort in the future!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Westin for 2 glorious weeks,we usually stay at the sister hotel, the Mina seyahi and had Very high expectations,we were upgraded due too the refurbishment and had a wonderful land view club room.We were not one bit unsatisfied in any way.Our room was ready on our arrival,large/luxurious/fully equiped,bed large also super comfortable.The staff welcomed us on our arrival and escorted us to the private check-in area on the club room floor.While our check in was happening we were invited to have breakfast in the executive lounge were we received 5 STAR service throughout all 14 nights of our stay.Every request was acted on,all the staff new our Surnames and were so helpful, it was unbelievable.
Any questions we had, the management in the Westin answered without delay personally,this was unbelievable service.The staff around the Horizon pool were also amazing,we usually choose the same area/2 sunbeds and after the first day they responded without delay,placing 2 towels on each sunbed and placing 2 umberellers were we requested ,they offered iced face cloths,water spray bottles to cool us down.Even the life guards on duty were all polite and welcoming,one particular one was very quick responding to an incident with a young child and being an ex-life guard,I know how a rapid reaction saves lives,(WELL DONE).
We would recommend the Westin to everyone,couples/families/friends etc,ideally placed for access to Malls /shopping/Jumeira beach walk/Metro.
Congratulatoins WESTIN outstandin hotel and service.

Room Tip: check out the club rooms/benefits.Well worth the extra room rates.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nigel T
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Mr. Nigel T,

thank you very much for your return visit and I am delighted to hear that you were made to feel welcome by the team throughout your stay. I am especially delighted that you enjoyed the Westin service as much as Le Meridien.

Please rest assured that I will pass on your comments to all our team members and I hope to welcome you back next year either in the renovated Le Meridien or in Westin.