See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The guesthouse is a bit far away (10 min walk) from the center, therefore it's cheaper! The woman, who seems to be the owner, is not a honest person. We rented a motorbike there and we were told to put 20.000 Kip gas for a day trip to the Kuang Si waterfalls and it was definitely too much gasoline!
When I returned the motorbike, I saw how the woman took the rest of the gasoline into a plastic bottle, so that she can give the empty motorbike to the next tourist and use the same trick over and over again! Unacceptable!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Very nice guesthouse in the corner of Luang Prabang. WiFi works, the staff is very kind and helpful. In the morning free bananas for breakfast and a small kitchen where you can order a hearty breakfast. Near the main attractions of the city.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed several nights in this guesthouse, the family is very rude and particularly the son is very rude and never smile. By the way the worst thing is that the family who runs the house stole us 50 $ from our room.it's True as They never say sorry when we told them what happen They looked no impressive and looked each others.we also check tripadvisor feedback and saw that other people got robbed from the owners in the same way.
also we called police but Then the policemen started laughing with the owners, we knew we could not have the help from police as it is normal in some places but we wanted to try. DO NOT STAY IN NAMMAVONG GUESTHOUSE.
OWNERS ARE THIEVES AND BAD PEOPLE. They do Not deserve your time and money.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Giorgia M
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

We paid only 9 pound a night at this hotel. Originally the first room we stayed in did have a bad musty smell. The bathroom was a bit dirty but nothing major. The rest of the room was clean and the bed was quite big and comfortable. There however was no sun light and so kind of felt like a prison cell. We did ask to move rooms which was much better. The rooms are fitted with fans and it did have a warm shower.
The hotel owner is helpful and friendly and the location is very good. Not far from the night markets etc
We would stay here again. Just make sure you ask to see the room as by the look of it some are much better than others for the same price!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I booked this room on Agoda in early January.I checked in, went to my room and for some reason read the TA reviews for the first time since I booked it.Imagine my horror when I saw the 2 most recent views,"what the hell have I booked in to" ? I asked myself.However,luckily,my fears were not to be realised.I stayed in room 1 right at the front of the guesthouse with a nice view over the Wat opposite.The room was clean as was the bathroom.I had laundry done here also and that was fine.The breakfast was basic but good,baguettes were superb.I found the old lady to be perfectly pleasant and the man who I assume was her husband always said hello,although his English was poor (which does make me wonder about that previous review saying he was flirting with a single female traveller...).The only real drawback with this place was the fairly cold showers,probably wouldn't care in the hot season but in Luang Prabang in February it is preferable to have hot water.Finally, knowing I was going to be going on the river trip to the Thai border the lady gave me an Omelette baguette as I was leaving which I thought was very kind of her.I had a good experience here.

Stayed: February 2016