Nammavong Guesthouse
  • Breakfast included
US$ 151
US$ 142
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
US$ 154
US$ 120
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 184/night.

US$ 92
US$ 98
US$ 106
US$ 90
Priceline
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
US$ 496
US$ 218
US$ 360
US$ 304
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

We paid only 9 pound a night at this hotel. Originally the first room we stayed in did have a bad musty smell. The bathroom was a bit dirty but nothing major. The rest of the room was clean and the bed was quite big and comfortable. There however was no sun light and so kind of felt like a prison cell. We did ask to move rooms which was much better. The rooms are fitted with fans and it did have a warm shower.
The hotel owner is helpful and friendly and the location is very good. Not far from the night markets etc
We would stay here again. Just make sure you ask to see the room as by the look of it some are much better than others for the same price!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I booked this room on Agoda in early January.I checked in, went to my room and for some reason read the TA reviews for the first time since I booked it.Imagine my horror when I saw the 2 most recent views,"what the hell have I booked in to" ? I asked myself.However,luckily,my fears were not to be realised.I stayed in room 1 right at the front of the guesthouse with a nice view over the Wat opposite.The room was clean as was the bathroom.I had laundry done here also and that was fine.The breakfast was basic but good,baguettes were superb.I found the old lady to be perfectly pleasant and the man who I assume was her husband always said hello,although his English was poor (which does make me wonder about that previous review saying he was flirting with a single female traveller...).The only real drawback with this place was the fairly cold showers,probably wouldn't care in the hot season but in Luang Prabang in February it is preferable to have hot water.Finally, knowing I was going to be going on the river trip to the Thai border the lady gave me an Omelette baguette as I was leaving which I thought was very kind of her.I had a good experience here.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this guesthouse because it was 'cheap'. The first night the toilet didn't work and trying to flush the toilet we accidentally broke the top that was loose. We found hair and nails and figured to still pay the toilet top when checking stay one night because we were to tired. The next morning the cleaning lady came twice to early so we had to dress up and open the door to hear her say sorry. The next morning (after cold showers, no safe bikes and seeing the owner flirting with single traveller girl and offering her free beer late at night) the cleaning lady entered the room and my partner was sitting naked on the bed! With checking out we told what happened. The owner said immediately why didn't you close your door? He was laying at his couch while he was talking very rude. Then I told him that I found his behavior very rude and he stood up and raised his voice against me and walked to my partner raising his hand to hit him. My partner got angry to and said that he shouldn't raise his voice and as a host he just should apologize. He went more aggressive and his family stopped him from becoming more aggressive. Then they threath to call the police and we said sure call them. We left and said we will write a bad reference because they really crossed all the borders you can cross as a host: hitting on a single girl, walking into people's rooms, no clean bed or showers, no proper bikes and aggression against customers.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tijen T
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Dirty and loudly room, bathroom out of work and really unpolite staff. Doing something worst it's difficult. Sheets was really dirty and when I showed them to the staff, they answered me that was my fault. Unbeliavable.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mastromorrison
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

60K for a twin room with a fan. One of the smallest rooms we've stayed in while in Asia, but the hot shower and semi-comfortable beds were appreciated. The woman at the front desk speaks little to no English, and can't keep much organized - she often quotes different prices at different times and we saw her repeatedly tell other guests they hadn't paid when they had. The bikes she rents are absolute garbage, but the standards in LP are low in general. Wish we had a strong padlock to add to the flimsy lock on the door. It's not bad in terms of a place to crash, but I would pay at check out, double check the math, and avoid booking or renting anything from front desk staff.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple