First of all - what a wonderful part of town. Much quieter than the central street but lovely views and lots of eating and drinking options.
Rooms were comfy, nice big bed. Would've liked a mosquito net so I had the option to open the windows as it was quite cool when we were there. Instead we had to use the air con which seems a waste all round.
The other good/bad point is the shower. Absolutely wonderful shower but you were very lucky to get a little bit of hot water if you were the first person in. By the second person there was no chance. Shame to have such a wonderful facility and then not be able to use it to its fullest.
Great wifi throughout, lovely breakfast with fabulous coffee. Very nice staff.
Maybe vaguely overpriced but not by much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang