Lakhangthong Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 460
US$ 246
All reviewsdressing arealarge bedroomnight marketpool areatuk tukthe air conditioninggreat place to staybalconytownjacuzzilinenstemple
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Lovely room looking over the swimming pool. Bit like a maisonette, with a downstairs meeting / day room, downstairs bathroom with a huge Jacuzzi bath. Upstairs large bedroom with a balcony, dressing area and a large bathroom across the landing. Definately an upgrade! Best to have the aircon on in the bedroom and the door closed at night otherwise the heat rises and the cold air goes out the door and down the stairs.
Dining room was rather small for breakfast, tables not cleared / set after previous users and food rather limited both in choice and quantity. This didn't improve if you got there early. Perhaps we sometimes expect too much in a poor country.

Room Tip: C1 to C4 are the bees knees
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Despite what I'd read I really liked this hotel. I had a good size room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and gardens. Resteraunt was fine, only dissapointment no cheese (grommet!), but good choice. Hotel location fine, easy five minute walk to centre of town and the markets, or ten minutes to the Mekong river. staff fine, always smilling, I had some laundry done, came back ironed and properly folded same day.

Room Tip: If you get the choice, get a spa bath!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank woottey
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We visited Luang Prabang with a tour group ...... We had a huge, well appointed room with balcony, spa bath, huge bed, ..... Absolutely loved our room, though air conditioner couldn't be adjusted to "low" fan.
One couple in our group had a room facing the street and complained about noise ..... but our room (M2) was exceptionally good and quiet.
Loved to pool area, staff very helpful .... Breakfast adequate, but sometimes need to wait for food to be replenished

Room Tip: M1-4 best rooms .... Upstairs to the side of pool area
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

I was a bit reluctant about staying in this hotel after reading all the reviews however I can honestly say, I have nothing negative to say about this property. I stayed in an executive suite, room C2 and it was great. The downstairs had a lounge and spa bath and upstairs had a massive bathroom and bedroom and balcony. The location was great, I felt safe walking to/from the hotel late at night and really early in the morning (5am) There is a choice of hot and cold breakfast everyday. The hotel manager Hoa is extremely friendly and helpful as are her staff. Great value in a good location!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Seriously the worst place I have ever stayed! Plane got delayed so they put us up in this hotel for the night. I didn't mind the musky smell in the room, the sewerage smell in the bathroom or the cold food served at dinner. What I did mind was the paper thin walls and the CONSTANT noise all night. I did not get a minutes sleep. Along with the rock hard pillows, which we couldn't sleep on, so it was no pillows.
From the guest doors slamming, to a number of guests having a pool party at midnight, yelling and screaming. I called the reception and they said they have received a number of complaints, but the guests won't stop making noise.
That was their way of dealing with it.
When the constant noise stopped at about 2am, they continued to randomly yell and slam doors.
The the fridge in our room would also make a humming noise every half hour that would wake everyone up.
The curtains did not block out any light, so the room had a light shining through it all night.
Then at 5am the roosters started.
Then at 6am it was a cat.
I mean, I could honestly hear everything (even the neighbours flushing their toilet).
I feel sorry for anyone who has to stay here more than a night, you will get no sleep the whole time and it will ruin your holiday.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple