All reviewsfrench colonial styleorganic gardenla belle epoquemain buildingtuk tukbeautiful propertyin towncolonial feelturn down servicehuge bathroomfour poster bedlush gardensbeautiful poolrooms are spaciousoverlooking the gardenthe general managereach evening
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We did stay in early August, the weather was not the best but .... hotel, suites, restaurant and bar were a treat.
They serve probably the best breakfast we have had in a long time at a hotel - egg benedicts, fresh juice, great tea selection. The food in general is very good and affordable. We had most of our meal there great Asian selection and some french too.
The pioneer suite we stayed in are just great, the bedding is to die for. only comment they should have cushion for the rattan chair on balcony.

The staff is really nice they make you feel at home,we are planning to come back soon in November. Thank you again for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I've stayed at the Luang Say Residence for 3-4 nights at the beginning of August and although I think the rooms are very beautiful (colonial style, but the Residence is newly opened) I would not suggest to take a room in it.
The staff is kind but completely unprepared with very low english skills. I usually don't care about this, but since the Residence is quite expensive, I think it's normal to have trained staff.
Both restaurant and bar have very poor lists. Once again, I usually don't care about it, but since it is supposed to be a sort of luxury hotel it must have something to offer (I understand it's non a really serious point, so take it as a stupid example, but wherelse in the world a luxury hotel does not serve a club sandwich?)
One last thing about the location: it's out of the historical center of Luang Prabang which makes the movings not so easy.
Anyway they offer bicycles and there is a tuk tuk leaving from the hotel almost any hour.

In the end, I'm pretty sure there are better places to go in Luang Prabang for the same money.
I'd not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RodrickGary
RodolpheGay, General Manager at The Luang Say Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear RodrickGary,

Thank you for having chosen The Luang Say Residence during your recent visit in Luang Prabang.

In our quest for excellence we are committed to providing you with the highest quality service and your feedback is extremely important to us, so thank you for sharing your comments with us today.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your suite and our beautiful resort

We have no records of the restaurant, staff comments and English skills you have made on this review, this was not raised to us during you stay nor through our guest comment form.

So in order to get clear facts please feel free to contact me directly (gm@luangsayresidence.com) to give me further details on your overall experience as well as your exact date of stay.

Thank you again for your candid comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Luang Say Residence on your next trip to Luang Prabang.

Warm regards,

Rodolphe Gay

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Our family of four truly enjoyed our stay at the Luang Say Residence. The boutique sized hotel was recommended to us by Asia TransPacific Tours. Every aspect of our four night stay was perfect. The rooms were attractive, spacious and very comfortable. Our reservation included daily breakfast at the hotel's restaurant which was delicious. The service at the hotel was fabulous. The pool area is large and very attractive but given the small number of rooms the pool area was very peaceful. The free shuttle bus service to the center of town was very helpful. Returning from the night market by hotel shuttle bus or tuk-tuk was very easy. All-in-all the hotel was a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Global58St
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here as part of our tour of SEA and we were blown away with the amazing rooms and perfect service. Breakfast is served on the verandah of the French colonial style main building and it is worth getting up for. The fresh fruit plate, pineapple juice and porridge, not to mention the delicious eggs benedict were to die for. The service is friendly and professional from the front desk to the dining room. The rooms set in French colonial villas are AMAZING!! I would happily live in our room forever! Free wifi and an extremely comfortable bed are the icing on the cake. Bikes are available at the hotel and it is lovely to go for a cycle through the town. Dinner is expensive here and so we chose to eat elsewhere. It is a minor thing though as we love to get out and about in the evening anyway. Do not miss the alms giving ceremony. Another place for anyone's bucket list!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank travelgdmch
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in July.It is a new hotel but so well done, it has the charm and creaks of floors of an older, understated hotel We were upgraded the first two nights to Explorer but still happy when they made the move for us to Pioneer.
The walk to town, though bikes were available, was short and interesting. Did use the hotel tuktuk other times as well. The food was wonderful. Pricy but the best curry I have had in years. Breakfast was fine with lots of choices. The staff was attentive and well spoken. Lovely pool for the end of a long hot day in town. We have no complaints at all and would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012