“Our Favourite Lunch Restaurant - and Dinner's Great Too.”
Review of Sala cafe - CLOSED

Sala cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sala café restaurant, Luang Prabang, Laos
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Had a cognac and coffee here every night of our 4 night stay in Luang Prabang, ate lunch here most days too - finally and with regret we ate our last dinner in LP here.

The view over the river is good, staff attentive, prices fair, and the food excellent.

Best dish - a Basque Chicken casserole.

1  Thank obione980

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been several time during my journey at this small restaurant, the food is very good, lao, thai, vietnamese and even french as the owner is french.
The service is nice and fast, the staff very friendly. The terrasse is very peacfull with nice view on the namkhan river.
I recommend this place if you want to have a relax moment with nice food served with nice staff.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stopped at Sala Cafe for breakfast, as we really loved the terrasse, the view on the Nam Khan river, the distinguished setting and calm atmosphere.
The "a la carte" breakfast is not as extensive as the other good breakfast place ban sene, but all we ordered was vey good and the place is much more relaxing. For coffee lovers, this restaurant have nespresso cafes!
I wish I had discovered this place before to try out the lunch/diner... the menu looked inspiring to me!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We enjoyed our lunch at Sala Cafe. The dishes we ordered were fairly ordinary so it wasn't much of a challenge to deliver something adequately tasty. But we sat at the outdoor area overlooking the river and the tranquil country scene beyond and felt quite relaxed on a hot steamy day.
The highlight though was our waiter who seemed to have had more training than almost any other waiter we've encountered in Luang Prabang. He was very attentive, kept one hand discretely behind his back while asking for our drinks order, waited patiently at a delicate distance while my wife and I argued over our choices, and served everything in a careful and respectful manner. He was top of the line.
Hey, there's one other reason to go here. Where else could you order up profiteroles in Luang Prabang? I haven't found another yet.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

We have been many time with our Kids to Sala Cafe. We loved the Poulet Basquese and Boeuf Bourgignon without talking about the Chocolate cake!!!!!!

Therefore we do not go there for the service....quite not there yet!