All reviewsnice beachaverage hotelhot waterrooms are cleanjacuzzi
Reviewed 25 February 2017

When travelling to Alexandria, Egypt, the options for a hotel tend to be potentially expensive for American chain hotels or potentially cheap for the local variety. So we decided to economise on a locally run hotel near the beach. We chose the Paradise Inn Beach Resort as it looked bright and cheerful and was incredibly good value for money at $43 USD a night for a room with a king size bed plus breakfast. The health club was "in maintenance" and we were advised to go to the Palestine Hotel 10 minutes away by taxi to enjoy that service. The hotel needs a coat of paint but on the whole, the hotel was quite attractive particularly near the reception area. The breakfast was okay although there was not too much to attract the Western tourist's palate. All local specialties, and it was all quite tasty. The beach was clean and very sandy in the water for at least 20 metres into the Mediterranean Sea. Hotel staff were friendly and their English was passable. Our balcony door would not shut and hence required some hotel maintenance. The food was good and the servings were large although the kitchen confessed to having only about half the options on the menu.
Finally, the hotel was very good value for money, it was clean and the staff tried their best. Clean sea air revived our tired bodies and the waves could be heard 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, the hotel was far (45 minutes) from the tourist spots like the library and the citadel, yet the upside was that you were far from the traffic and pollution. For the price, the hotel was a good experience.

Room Tip: Room 207 had a good view of the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scogginschristopher
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is average in everything. The worst thing was the cleanliness of the room, toilet, bed sheets and cover. It needs some investment to refurbish the hotel. The good thing about the hotel is the beach and the ambiance which is really relaxing.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Ragaii
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel still owes me the booking deposit which I made, 2 months ago. They do not respond to emails. Is this legal in Egypt?

The hotel is an average tourist hotel, friendly staff. Food is average i guess. Location remote, quiet

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreas K
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I wish we had more time to spend at this beautiful property. We booked 2 rooms, which were absolutely wonderful. They were more fancy and well-equipped than many hotel rooms I stayed at around the world. Rooms had very comfortable king size beds, plus sofa beds, jacuzzis, and mini bars. Bathrooms were nice and clean. Staff attended to our requests and were courteous. Resort gardens are well-maintained and the huge pool is clean and colorfully-lit at night. Cats are allowed to roam the property. If you are a cat-lover this is the place for you. If you're allergic, this is a different story. Hotel has a very good private sandy beach with crystal-clear water: a joy for people like me who prefer swimming in sea water. There is also a nice beach bar. In the evening, there was live entertainment at the beach. Breakfast, included in the package was good, but service could have been improved upon. The resort has excellent amenities with a beautiful restaurant on the first floor and a conference / party hall on the second. All in all, this is a great place to spend a vacation on the beautiful Mediterranean.

Room Tip: Suites are very beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I was very unhappy with my visit:
1- the place is very worn out and needs a lot of new furniture, new clean carpets, and they have to take care of the cleaning level.
2- the rooms are ants infested, and the restaurant is having a lot of flies! My wife had a stomachache after having breakfast there.
3- the doors don't close well and transfers all the sound. No privacy!
4- the terrace view rooms' residents cant sleep, because they make wedding and parties in the trace with unbearable music volume!
5- some of the beach furniture are broken and unusable. Why are they leaving them there?!

Also I need to note that the staff r very unprofessional:
1- there were no towels in my room. I told the room service about it, and they told me "okay just ten minutes". After an hour nothing happened, so I called them again. Their reply was "we r having difficulties getting some towels from the laundry, so please contact the front desk, 'as we are not able to do anything'"!! Wow, should this be my problem? Is it me who should manage the towels supply and 'be able to anything'?! It was not a surprise for me to get the towels after 6 hours from contacting the front desk!
2- the breakfast time starts at 8 am. It is late but I accept it. But I expect to find the buffet is completely served by 8, and not to wait a whole hour with serving only few items because 'the chef wasn't ready'.
3- I went to the beach at 9 am, and I found half full dirty glasses and cups since last days' visitors!!
4- when I put the "don't disturb" sign, I dont expect the room service girl to open the door while I am still in bed half awake at 8 am!!!!

Conclusion: avoid this place

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family