“I found hair in my food!!!”
Review of Trattoria Pocol

Trattoria Pocol
Ranked #48 of 325 Restaurants in Brasov
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 34
Description: Italian Restaurant, opened in December 2015 in the historical center of Brasov. With a design which blends the characteristic design of italian trattoria with modern elements of architecture, it employs an italian cuisine prepared by italian chefs with authentic italian products.
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I went to eat there with my boyfriend on Sunday for the first time. I stayed for a period in Italy, so I was really happy to find a place in Brasov that had the POTENTIAL to be a good Italian restaurant. The setting is really nice and the menu is quite impressing for an Italian restaurant in Romania. We ordered and were quite happy that we were going to enjoy some Italian food. BUT everything was ruined when I FOUND HAIR in my pasta. I called one of the waiters, a girl, and told her about the hair. She took the plate and went with it to her coleague and her manager to tell them. She came back with the plate after a few minutes, apologized and asked us if we want another serving of pasta. I said yes. After waiting another half an hour, I received some new paste, BUT THEY WERE POORLY MADE. After the incident with the hair and after receiving some new poorly made pasta, my appetite was lost, so I didn’t eat anymore. The waiter that came to take our plates was surprised that I didn’t eat the pasta. After telling him the reason I didn’t eat anymore, he had an improper attitude. We asked to talk with the manager. He came to our table and after telling him what happened (he ALREADY KNEW, but still asked us what happened), he apologized saying that “IT WAS JUST AN EYELASH” and offered us some Limoncelo. I have a background in Horeca and I know exactly how situations like this should be handle. The manager from the restaurant DIDN’T HANDLE THE SITUATION PROPERLY. We had a serious discussion with him. In the end, he offered us the pasta for free. If you go to eat here, CHECK YOUR FOOD FOR HAIR !!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was and will be our last visit at Pocol. Let me describe why. First error, the waiter forgot what I ordered to drink (out of 5 total items, it's quite hard to forget something). Then, the most unacceptable mistake happened: A small hair was found in my girlfriend's pasta Quattro Formaggi. Of course, her appetite was lost in that very second. The waiter and the management handled the situation very poorly. They came back with the plate that had hair in it and asked us ”Do you want another plate?”. Terrible reaction. The obvious step was to ask the manager to come to the table, state that they are terribly sorry and give the whole table on the house. Instead, they brought another plate, which was poorly remade and was very far from ”Penne Quattro Formaggi”. Here's the best part: We had to pay for almost all of this. Yes, the pasta was off the final check, but it was not enough to compensate for:
- hairs in the dish
- extra waiting time
- poor dishes
- frustration and anger.

I really hope something constructive comes out of this situation and feedback, but I highly doubt it. Please don't visit this place, because your perception of great Italian food doesn't deserve to be ruined by such a place as Pocol. They do a great dishonour to the Italian cuisine. So sorry for that.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Fast service
Great food - even pizza tastes really good
Prices are ok - could be better
Will definitely come back

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We liked this ambience, service and food. A modern decor yet with a personal feel: quite a hard act to pull off. The food was good with decent sized and filling pizzas and surprisingly generous starters. Mainly Italian menu but decent range. Would visit again if in Brasov.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

You’ll find a beautiful location in the old city of Brasov very close to Piata Sfatului

A big variety in the menu, a little to much for an Italian restaurant

One of the good places to eat dinner in Brasov