“Outstanding wine selection and food”

Terroirs Boutique du Vin
Ranked #12 of 313 Restaurants in Brasov
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wine boutique and bar with a selection of international meals. Non smoking, kids are welcomed.More than 400 wines from all over the world.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Showed up without a reservation (it's best to have one at this place, as we found out), but managed to get a table for two right away. Service was great (not the fastest because the place was packed and I only noticed two waiters in the entire place), our waiter answered all my questions and the Sauvignon blanc he recommended was one of the best I've ever had; the cheese plate we ordered was excellent and quite generous. Definitely looking forward to going back to Terroirs.

1  Thank Alina19670

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Along with our friends, we had an aperitive and a glass of wine at Terroirs. The experience was bad on so many levels :

1. To start, there was no wine menu...just a way too confident kid who probably pictured himself as a prestigious sommelier at least....as he presented no more no less that HE IS THE MENU !!!...The Mozart of wines i thought to myself....so you dont know how much it will cost and you have to rely on a childs recomandation to choose a glass of good wine from maybe hundreds of options available...
2. I asked him if they have wines from a Romanian producer with excelent results on international wine competitions...multiple gold and silver medals at prestigious events such as "Concours Mondial de Bruxelles". "THE MENU" himself, enlightened us and said that those wines are no good (inspite of their undeniable pedigree)...and its not apropiate to order such wines at this restaurant. His main argument was that you can find these wines too easy on the market and its better that we try other wines...preferably imported or not so comercial (as if these two facts only...place of origin and presence on the market... recommend them as good quality wines).

Altough i do not share THE MENU's opinions, i was willing to give the kid a chance and try his recommended wines for a change. Big no no for me...his first option tasted like vinegar...his second , a pinot noir did not convince...and the third option i accepted out of common sense, because i felt sorry for the guy...did not want to burst his bubble.

In conclusion, i've "learned" from a kid that calls himself "THE MENU" that Aurelia Visinescu's wines are bad, Crama Basilescu's wines never seen the grape and their made out of chemicals...and that romanian wines in general suck just because they can be found on the market, despite their excelent results and around the world apreciation....Also remarcable is that the price of a glass of wine is a suprise in this restaurant, as you find it out only when you get the check.

Needless to say : No more terroirs for us....

2  Thank Sergiu449
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We went there to try a new place to eat and we were not dissapointed.
I had the halloumi burger as I don’t eat meat and it was amazing, very very good taste on the cheese. The fries and sauce were also fantastic.
My boyfriend had the beef burger and he said it was the best he ever had, “true meat” to quote him:).
The only thing I didn’t like was the hummus on the halloumi burger, I think it kind of ruins the sweet taste. Maybe next time they will accept to remove it from my order.
The wines there are also very very good, great taste in the selection.
We will go back there for sure!

1  Thank monicaplc
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 21.30. Waited until 22.05 to order. Was denied food order because the kitchen closes at 22. A real disappointment.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Dear friends,

I had a great time at Terroirs. I can't believe how everything was so nice and the staff was unbelieveble !!!
So many thanks to Robert - great lad, an expert when it comes about wine and a professionist.
When I will come back to Brasov I will come back!

And the ribs are awesome!!!!!!

Cheers