Belvedere Hotel Brasov
Bella Muzica(Brasov)
US$ 72
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Kismet Dao Hostel(Brasov)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain townpanoramic viewnew buildingon footrooms are bigbed was comfortablecitymountainstaxikm
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Bathroom and window curtains in room 211 were dirty, no room service and loud music during the night because of an event.
By the way, you have to pay for the water you get at the breakfast.
The view is really nice, but the hotel doesn’t deserve more than 3 stars.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I've booked a table for dinner to surprise my husband on a saturday evening. I knew that usually they have events on saturday evening, such as weddings so over the phone I have asked the lady if we can still have dinner with a view in the restaurant as they actually had a wesding party. She assured me that the restaurant is available and we can have a table with the view. When we got there we were told that the restaurant is booked for an event and dinner will be served in the breakfast saloon. No view, dull and definitely no atmosphere as it was a dull room. Left the place very disappointed as saturday night without a reservation in town you can't have a nice dinner. They were too preoccupied to earn money without projecting customers needs. I will not go back there even if the location has a great view.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

First impressions - there are a mountain of stairs to climb with a heavy suitcase before you even think of looking at your room or the views (which they advertise heavily)
The rooms are basic but clean. Reception staff were friendly and helpful - got us an electric jug and mugs to make tea in our room.
Basic breakfast was served in a separate building over the road. Not well signposted or easy to access.
Overall it was very average and I am sure there are more conveniently located hotels in Brasov.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was the most disappointing hotel of our trip.

We booked weeks in advance. When we arrived, we got told that they only had one room for 3 people and that this was away from the main hotel in the conference area. We therefore ended up in a side wing in a dark room below ground level.

The next day we were made to eat breakfast in a side room, rather than the main restaurant, along with a bunch of other guests. I'm not sure why but the breakfast didn't have much choice and we felt uncomfortable being ushered into a weird side room.

The main problem we had was upon check-out. I paid by card. The first receipt that came out of the machine, came out blank. The woman asked me to pay again. I hesitated asking what would happen if the first payment had gone through succesfully. She said not to worry - she would notify management and it would be sorted if so. Comforted by this, I paid a second time. When I got home from the holiday, I noticed that two payments had come out. I contacted the hotel immediately and asked them to refund the second payment. We have now been going round and round in circles for 2 months and I still don't have my money back for the second payment. On multiple occasions, they have told me that they've transferred the second payment back to me, then when it doesn't arrive, they tell me they need another piece of information from me. It has been an incredibly stressful and unpleasant experience. I would not wish this on anyone. We are now two months down the line and they still have my money. No apologies, no compensation, no refund. Shocking.

Note: this hotel is quite far out of the centre. There are stray dogs on the route to the hotel so I would not recommend walking this.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 88Dutchie88
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel advertises its fantastic view which doesn't disappoint. It sports a great view of Brasov and surrounding hills. The location is also convenient being only an easy 5 min cab or uber ride from the main town. The hotel was clean and tidy enough and some, but not all of the staff were welcoming and friendly.

However the hotel needs some improvement. It lacks disability access which includes anyone with a pram or carrying heavy luggage.

The rooms lack an iron or ability to make a basic cup or tea or instant coffee which was a little disappointing and i had to call for a bottle opener.

Breakfast is served in a seperate building and access between the two is poorly signed and confusing and isn't a typical western breakfast but has a mix of meats (hot and cold), dinner rolls, toast, juices and cheese.

Overall while pleasant enough, I would look elsewhere in Brasov before considering this hotel despite the great view.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple