See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2015

If you are staying is Mostar, escape the hordes & commercial chaos around the Bridge & the unholy busloads at Medugorje & venture "off track" - way off track.
Drive 22kms, 20mins (unless you get lost!!) to Podvelez for the best roast lamb ever. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Ismit the owner warmly welcomed us, proposed the right trail and even prepared us sandwichs and munchies for the trek we did on the mountains overlooking Mostar. The hotel is not really well indicated but you can follow your travelbook.
Bedding was great, bathroom was cute and super clean, breakfast was heaven:)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

the last stop of our cycling trip before descending to Mostar was Motel Sunce for a lunch.
it was a nice surprise to find such excellent food here, served with warm hospitality and a good joke.
we had a soup, chicken with sprouts, potatoes and a tasty mix of vegetables as the main course and pancakes with local berries as desert: excellent!
the descent to Mostar was also great by the way - great views.
many thanks to Green Visions for the picking this place for a stop-over!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After driving half way up a mountain to arrive, we were not quite sure we were in the right place, and not sure it was right for us. Yet all that was quickly forgotten when Ismet ran out and welcomed us in to Motel Sunce. He made us feel right at home and did not blink an eye when I said I was a vegetarian. The food was amazing! He needs to serve it more slowly so we could enjoy it, but it is all locally sourced and home made. We were out and about for lunches, so just got breakfast and dinner, but the portions are so large that I couldn't imagine wanting lunch. The accommodation was simple and clean.
The activities ranged from bike riding to hiking, to exploring the local sights in Mostar and Blagaj. We loved watching the sheep and then the cows walk right by twice a day with their shepherdesses and watch dogs. A very simple, calming stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lora B
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I arrived by bus on a Friday evening (the stop is across the road from the train/bus stations in Mostar) - not many buses per day. I was met, taken to a lovely room, and given a wonderful meal (booked in advance). All meals were superb local cuisine. On Saturday, with a packed lunch, I was given a lift to the footpath up Velez; I phoned to get a pickup on my return. On Sunday I borrowed a bike (well maintained, helmet available) and explored the plateau, its views over the Mostar valley, castle and small villages. I'd happily have stayed longer in the area, and would love to return to this hotel - I could not imagine either a better base, or hosts with more hospitality and enthusiasm for sharing what is a fascinating and different region of Bosnia.

A few of my photos of the area are here:

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo