All reviews salami road side filter coffee waitress service half board sloping ceiling old city mountain view away from the road yogurt great hotel powerful shower min walk small hotel mini bar lovely balcony comfy bed
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Porto In Hotel is a modern and clean hotel that has more of a business feel than local character or culture. The staff are very nice and helpful and the bed was extremely comfortable - unfortunately though you can hear a lot of the street traffic so perhaps ask for a higher floor room. They were very accommodating for breakfast with lots of different options from which to choose and they have some parking on site or they can give you a voucher to park at a public lot a few blocks away. We ended up cutting our visit from 2 nights down to 1 however as Kotor was really small and we found more things to keep us entertained in Budva (beautiful beaches, great restaurants), so overall we'd recommend just staying in Budva and doing a half day trip to Kotor to hike the Fortress.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

This hotel (my top floor larger room at least with private balcony and mountain view) feels high quality and is located less than 5 minutes walk from the gate to the old town and less than that to the waterfront. Helpful welcoming staff, good plentiful breakfast, wifi works well, quiet.

Room Tip: May cost a bit more but good price on booking.com the 3rd floor room spacious, classy, private balcony with view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank OrphanoftheStorm_13
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This hotel is my choice when I am in Kotor for business. It's easy to get there by car and there is a free parking lot in front of the hotel. Location is far enough so you don't have to deal with crowds in the old town but near enough so you can get there by foot. Rooms are modern, clean and spacious. I love the bathrooms. Wifi is excellent in both rooms and restaurant. Food is tasty and fresh. Only one flaw - there is no domestic "turkish coffee" but you can drink it in near bar Ladovina.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Perfect location and very comfortable room. But what really distinguished this hotel for us was the caring manager and staff. I fell ill while in Kotor. The manager spoke to my wife and was very understanding, telling her that we were far from home, not to worry, and that we would be taken care of. She then arranged with a private clinic to have me seen by a doctor, took me and my wife there herself in her car. I was met by the doctor in a clean, friendly clinic, well staffed and connected to the local hospital. I received excellent care there. The cost was very reasonable. After we returned to the hotel, the manager put the staff at our disposal, offering to open the kitchen to cook whatever we might feel comfortable eating. This kind of caring doesn't just come from professionalism and wanting to do your job well. It comes from the heart. Thank you to everyone at Hotel Porto In!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is such a charming hotel in the center of the old city. Easy to get around and the hotel staff is very friendly and happy to give you information. The restaurants and bars are very close and if you wait until the cruise ships leave the entire area is so charming.

Room Tip: Top floor, try to get a view of the fortress
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple