“Nice dinner, nice service”
Review of Caffe del Mare

Caffe del Mare
Ranked #11 of 112 Restaurants in Kotor
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a great dinner here on the last night of our stay. The seabass was delicious and the servers were really nice and helpful! We had to wait for our food for a bit too long though, and the prices for fish are slightly higher than in other restaurants.

1  Thank Panna K
stepanovMonteCarlo, Public Relations Manager at Caffe del Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We had had several underwhelming experiences, but this nice, unpretentious waterfront cafe really impressed us. Nice, polite, professional, attentive staff, delicious and freshly-made seafood, great view, all at a reasonable price. And no blaring pop music! (though unfortunately the music emanating from neighboring restaurants was impossible to shut out entirely). Had dinner one night ... then went back for lunch the next day and dinner the next evening.

2  Thank Budabimbo
stepanovMonteCarlo, Manager at Caffe del Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This waterside restaurant has a good range of local and Italuan dishes. All we had were of good quality and very well presented. Staff were efficient and friendly but not intrusive. Good value food in beautiful lication on the water's edge. Lovely aftet dark when all lights on the opposite bank refect onto the water.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner twice during our three day stay in Kotor. We enjoyed the grilled sea bass so much that we couldn't resist coming back again and ordering the exact same thing!

We got to choose our sea bass or sea bream from the display and it is perfectly grilled. Our waitress (I wish I got her name, she was fantastic!) expertly de-boned the fish at the table. Seriously one of the best dishes I have had in a while.

Also, start with the fish broth, it was delicious!

Thanks for two wonderful dinners and we can't wait to come back again.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I went to the Caffe del Mare due to the rave reviews.
The restaurant is one of few which situate on the bay of Kotor, as you would expect the views are stunning and the atmosphere lovely, the food however was mediocre.

I had the pasta arrabiata, which was OK but had far too much garlic and oregano (one thing I never thought I would say as I love the two!)
My partner had the steak, he asked for the medium-rare but had to send this back as it was slightly under cooked.

Also, If your a wine fan I would opt for red or rose - the white has that vinegary taste to it.

overall, certainly not a terrible restaurant but you can find much nicer places at a similar price.