All reviews plenty of hot water roman coliseum facing the sea rooms are large the ground floor reception area austro heyday
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We were in Pula for Balasevicev concert in Amphitheatar. It was our first time there so we decided to book this hotel because it was few minutes walking away from amphitheatar. It looked beautiful on the outside and when you walk in you can feel that long time ago this was one hell of a hotel. It kinda reminds of Titanic on the inside. I really wish someone in the future would take care of it and readjust it in the spirt of 1920s.
Our room (419) was fine, bathroom was okay, bed was good, we even had a fan in there and mosquitos weren't a problem to us.
Breakfast is just poor. No other words to describe it. We didn't expect much but they still disappointed us.
So, 3/5 because we got lucky with our room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antonija B
Arenaturist, Manager at Guest House Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Ms. Antonija,

thank you for choosing Hotel Riviera and for sharing your impressions.

We are very happy to know that you have found our location convenient for the concert at the amphitheater and that you were satisfied with the allocated room.

On the other side, we are sorry to know that the entire experience of your stay was somewhat disappointing.
However, our company Arenaturist offer a variety of accommodation options which might better suit your needs.
We hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Pula in one of our properties and improve your opinion of our service.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I had read the previous poor reviews but still decided to book my 2 night stay here if only to explore the beautiful old building.
It was also a busy weekend in Pula with most accommodation already booked!
The positives were definitely all about location! 7 min walk from the bus station and 3 min walk to Arena!
I had a 5th floor room (top floor) with a beautiful view out over the harbour.
I requested a room with a bath and was given one which I appreciated.
I was queried by the male receptionist as to why I booked a double room but was only one person which I found slightly rude as he kept on about it? But apart from that slightly rocky start he did end up being helpful and kind during my stay.
Breakfast options were terrible and I'd go elsewhere - the young staff even apologised for not having more to offer. It was literally just bread rolls and spreads with juice and coffee from a machine dispenser. Not even any cereals or fresh fruit?!
Wifi as stated is only accessible in the lobby which is not terrible but you'll be eaten by mosquitos and it reeks of cigarette smoke.
My room was huge and very unappealing - the decay of the building was clearly visible and even just some well placed plants could be an inexpensive remedy. But it feels like they've given up or are running out of money..
There is SO MUCH POTENTIAL for this 100 year old building and for Pula itself! At the moment I wouldn't stay in the town, just visit and base yourself further along in Istria.
Sadly this place will either need a major global hotel chain to take it over and bring it up to its glory or hopefully an independent developer with a big heart and big pockets - I hope that happens!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Emc3
Arenaturist, Manager at Guest House Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for deciding to choose Hotel Riviera and for your kind review.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you appreciated the location.

It would be great to get the opportunity to welcome you again,

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The building is gorgeous and the location is great, but that's where good side's mosltly end. There was no air conditioning in the room which made it hot and stuffy, even during the night, and breakfast choices were quite poor. All in all, not worth the money.

Room Tip: 4th floor is probably slightly cooler in summer
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Hotel Riviera and for sharing your impressions.

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the location, but on the other side we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to accommodation and breakfast.

Our company Arenaturist has a large portfolio of proprieties and therefore we invite you to visit our website and check if any other hotel would better suit your needs for future travels.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Good room. Nice view of the port from the front. Only problem was room was very hot and the breakfast wasn't the best but all relatively clean. Overall I would rate and suggest this hotel for a cheaper budget.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Arenaturist, Manager at Guest House Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear Ms. Alexandra,

thank you for choosing Hotel Riviera and for your kind review.

We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay and that you enjoyed the view from the room.

We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next trip to Pula,

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I booked this place through hotels.com. I'm a regular visitor to Pula and over the years I've stayed at a number of hotels. This is the first hotel I've stayed in this region which does not have air-conditioning. That could have been easily compensated by a fan in each room. But there are no fans either. To make the things even worse, the room was full of mosquitoes. The management has not bothered to resolve this issue. What is the point of staying in an old elegant building if you cannot even sleep at night?

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank kamran S
Arenaturist, Manager at Guest House Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Hotel Riviera and for your kind review.

We are deeply sorry to learn that your hotel did not meet your expectations and for the inconvenience that you have experienced in regards to the mosquitoes. Your remarks are taken on board and will be discuss internally.