1,009 results
All reviews gruz harbour honesty bar the bus a family run hotel old town port area cooked breakfast minute walk friendly hotel breakfast room small hotel sea view yogurt dubrovnik card local transport regular buses cable car
Reviewed 5 November 2016

A very friendly and charming hotel. Not an appealing facade on arrival but don't be put off as this is a family run establishment and does not disappoint in any way. A quiet, spotlessly clean room, freshly cooked good breakfast, excellent coffee, a small new spa and and a low season room upgrade to look over the port, all contributed to a lovely stay. Bus transport is excellent and utterly reliable and the restaurants on the quay are great. I recommend Amfora which is about 3 minutes walk and Otto which is about 10. Would definitely recommend it!

Room tip: With balcony overlooking the port
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank joannaturnage
Reviewed 3 November 2016

The Berkeley Hotel is really nice. The room I had was spacious, clean and had a super bay view from the balcony. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to have early breakfast when I had excursions leaving just when it should start.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank RosieArmit
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Our airbnb host let us down 24 hours before our flight to Dubrovnik, so we booked this hotel in something of a panic, guided by the sound advice of the TripAdvisor community.
What a find! It really did turn out to be a perfect choice for our holiday.
The design and layout are typical of a boutique hotel; stylish, clean lines, modern furniture, and a good shower. Breakfast was superb; basically an omelette and egg bar, with a buffet selection of fruit, croissants, cheeses, hams, yoghurts and juices to compliment it.
We were delighted with the location once we familiarised ourselves with the surrounds. Gruz Harbour is a lovely, well priced area in its own right, well served by an excellent local transport service, and some very good bars and restaurants. It's a pleasant 20 minute walk to the Lapad area which is well worth a visit, and the Old Town is a 10 minute bus ride away from the Hotel.
Top of a very long list of good points though, are the Staff at the Berkeley Hotel. Everyone is so helpful, and nothing is too much trouble.This is a very well run hotel, with five star service, at a 3 star price. Great Wi Fi too!
Highly recommended, and we will be returning next year.

Room tip: Apartment on the third floor had an excellent sunny balcony
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank vieiravenom
Reviewed 2 November 2016

What a joke, I live in San Diego, California and they say the only way to cancel a reservation (two rooms/four people) is to call live to Dubrovnik and it's only 9/10 hour time difference!! I've traveled my whole life in the pre ipo tech arena and never dealt with an outfit like this. I emailed them and still have not heard back from those clowns, opps, family owned place. maybe the owner will get back to me this way!! Sad to waste negative energy on this place!

Room tip: Make sure your plan will not change because it will be a big hassle to cance!!
Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katarina_Du, Manager at Berkeley Hotel & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear robertLinda

We apologise for the inconvience in cancelling your reservation for next year. We do not know how you were of the understanding that you need to cancel by phone as we require written/email confirmation for all cancellations. It is possible that you were unable to cancel directly online as you made a reservation for a rate which has cancellation restrictions (i.e. not free cancellation). We received your email requesting cancellation on 1st November at 01:15am local time and responded to your email on 2nd November at 9:00am local time. I'm sorry you had to wait 32 hours to receive a response however my colleagues passed your email onto me and as I was absent on 1st November responded the following morning.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience.

Kindest regards
'the clowns'

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We received a complimentary upgrade to a superior room with a harbour view. The room was clean and seemed well insulated, as it was very quiet. The room was air conditioned and equipped with a fridge, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. The flat screen tv had some English language channels (BBC News, CNN ) plus sport and entertainment channels.

The bed was firm and gave us a comfortable nights sleep. There was a small balcony which gave us a view of Gruz harbour.

The staff were very welcoming and gave us advice on were to eat, local trips and information on the area.

The hotel is situated about a 15 minute walk, uphill, from Gruz harbour bus station. There is a regular bus service about a five minute walk away from the hotel. This gives access to Dubrovnik Old Town about a ten minute bus ride away. The fare is 12 kuna if tickets are bought from the local tobacconist or bus kiosk and 15 kuna if purchased from the bus driver. The breakfast consisted of a cold buffet, cereals, fruit, meats bread and yogurt etc. You could also order eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and ham. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel for it's service staff and location.

Date of stay: October 2016