“Incredible hotel in dubrovnik” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rixos Hotel Libertas

Rixos Hotel Libertas
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Istanbul, Turkey
“Incredible hotel in dubrovnik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Because of my business I m traveling lot...one of my business travel to Dubrovnik I found one of the most popular chain hotels which is name RIXOS in dubrovnik....from the beginning when I reached to the hotel gate the hotel staff warmly welcome to me like all the others guest they served us Turkish traditional deserts than all the staff start to running all around me to help me to make me more comfortable like as my home and they did it....the hotel excellent ambiance,design,restaurants,food,spa,rooms are incredible,staff is awesome,I felt like my home when I was leaving from the hotel most of the staff and the management came after me and made a small goodbye ceremony which I never saw in my life before so if you have a chance to come Dubrovnik your hotel shoul RIXOS Libertas don't go to look any others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DubrovnikCroatia578, General Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,
it has been a great joy when I learned that you have had a great time among us during your holiday. I really look forward seeing you soon back in Dubrovnik and our hotel soon. Thank you for your kind words, which I will make sure, every member of the team knows about. This serves as a great inspiration for all of us, striving to providing exciting memories to all our clients. Again, thanks and kind regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed at Rixos hotel for a few nights in the low season as a gift for my birthday. The hotel was very silent and not much guests, even dought the weather was great. The rooms have a great elegant and minimalistic style. Loved the white furnishing. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I got a cake from the hotel for my birthday, that`s a nice touch :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
you have traveled half way around the globe to come to Dubrovnik and our hotel. We are very honored you have decided to do so and I look forward to having you back in our city and hotel in near future. You will always be able to consider us a home away of home. Thank you again and godspeed.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

hotel looks like an 90s shopping centre and needs a refit me and my freind managed to get food poisoning within two days of getting there,rooms scruffy and are not ageing well, the bar staff cant remember an order of more than two things and take forever. Would rate at four star, and would not recomend ps they also managed to loose my luggage on arrival

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank p3jff
Dear Guest,
I have read your review and regret that you have not entirely had a great experience. Related to claim of food poisoning i would like to inform you in detail. Our mission is to provide exceptional experiences to all our guests, and we tooled our selves up with all means to execute this task professionally and safely. As a hotel, we are bearer of ISO 22000 standard related to food safety practices. This standard is one of the most relevant merits in this subject, and certificate is validated yearly. I would like to advise you that we have catered over 150.000 guests, including local population for events, weddings, congresses and incentives, last three years alone, and we never had an issue related to GI illness. As well, knowing a complexity of how person can contract such illness, including very individual incubating period, I find it very irresponsible and damaging to our interests to make such straight claim. Regarding the issue of bar service and especially luggage being lost on arrival, i would really appreciate more details in order to be able to address those issues properly. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me and i look forward receiving more information from your side. Kind regards.
Podgorica, Montenegro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

It was good choice for spending weekend with a family in April 2012. Being still early for the beach, we enjoyed nice combination of spa and walks throughout the Old city of Dubrovnik. There were not so many people in that period of the year what made us truly enjoy the spa and the pool. Spa is clean and comfortable, with one of the nicest Turkish baths we have ever visited. The only remark on spa complex was that there was no jacquzzi, or at least it was not open when we were there. Pool is small, but clean with excelent sea view.
Room was clean, spacious, but not luxury, with very nice balcony (sea view as well), but with very strangely positioned bathroom. Actually, bathroom is in the middle of the room, divided only by glass from the rest of the room, which makes it not really comfortable for families.
Staff was extremely friendly and polite. Breakfast was very rich and delicious. Food and beverage in hotel's bars and restaurants was little bit expensive though.
In general, great place for relaxing weekend with family and great value for money out of season, although maybe 4+ star rating would be more appropriate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review and we are all very pleased that you have chosen our hotel for your vacation. We also appreciate your words of praise as they fuel our spirits up on the road of creation of an atmosphere of great vacation experience for all our guests. I would like to inform you that all our staterooms have been fitted with feature that allows a privacy when showering or bathing. As far as jacuzzi in the spa, we will do what is necessary to include this feature for the hotels offer in 2013. Again, I thank you for your remarks and looking forward seeing you back in Dubrovnik and our hotel. Kind regards.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We have just finished a week all inclusive and had a lovely holiday. The hotel is ideally situated 20 minutes walk to Dubrovnick old town or 3 minutes by the number 4 bus. The buffet style food served in the restaurant is wide and varied but a lot of the same salads, desserts and main courses do repeat themselves a number of times. Service, although very friendly tended to range from over keen - trying to clear out dinner plates before we had finished, to almost finishing our dinner before we finally had our wine and water served.

The rooms are spacious (we had a Superior suite) and the decor and design is minimalistic which is fine. Housekeeping, although daily and thorough, sometimes knocked as early as 08.20 which is way too early in my opinion.

The terrace bar was nice overlooking the small bay and the very friendly staff always took care of our needs.

There is a spa in the hotel which we didn't visit but both of us had a pedicure in the hair salon which was the expected price £25 or 250 Kuna. The lady was very chatty and professional.

On our last night we popped our heads into the door of the casino inside the hotel only to be told by the receptionist that if we wanted to enter we would have to hand over our passports. I've never been asked to do that before and probably never will again. The hotel casino is advertised around Dubrovnik and there is nothing on them stating this. Maybe it's a Croatian law??

The only real gripe we had was the one day we chose to miss lunch and have a snack in the beach bar terrace which was on the list of restaurants given to us by the receptionist when we checked in which we could use under our all inclusive package. We were told that this was an error and we could only have a snack in the terrace bar which turned out to be small individual desserts from the buffet restaurant. Not my idea of a snack. So I asked to speak to the manager who never arrived but told the staff to serve us this time. We had the pizza which wa good. Upon arriving back in our room that afternoon we found a new list omitting the
Beach Bar had been placed in our room. How's that for a quick recovery?!

There is a sign as you walk in stating that no food or drink is allowed to be brought into the hotel due to health & safety reasons. Now I've worked in the hotel trade in London for 25 years and I've never come across this before, but again, when in Rome...

On the whole we enjoyed the hotel and the staff were very friendly. Do take note that the hotel hosts conferences in their suites and it can get very busy in the bar and restaurants when they are here. There was a small group here during our week and they monopolised the bar staffs time in the evenings and took a lot longer to be served.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your review. It makes me happy that you have enjoyed your vacation. Regarding the details you found to be not entirely to your satisfaction, please allow me couple of lines of explanation/
Casinos are very much regulated and one of the features related to security is registering of all guests coming in it with their valid ID or passport. This is something that is quite common in Europe as well.
I am sure that you would appreciate the fact that our hotel takes full responsibility only for quality and safety of food and beverage that is served from the certified origin and within our premises. That is the reason that we advise all of our guests about it.
Having been our dear guest once, I am sure that you would be coming back and we can have a nice chat about it all. I thank you for your contribution and look forward seeing you and your family again. Kind regards.