Hotel Lero
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 415
Hotel Splendid(Dubrovnik)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
HotelsClick
1,172 results
All reviewsbosnian restaurantold citythe bustaj mahal restaurantminute walkbuffet breakfastbusy roadfamily roomstar hotelpool towelsreception staffpiano barhotel receptionup hillair conpool area isnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were three adults (myself, husband and daughter) with two rooms at the Hotel Lero. the rooms seemed nice enough at first, but in the 100 degree heat it soon became apparant that the air conditioning was barely working and sleeping was difficult. When we woke up the first morning I noticed a little red spot on my bed. I didn't think much of it until I noticed a few on my husband's bed. As I inspected closer, I noticed what had looked like a tiny piece of dirt on my husband's bed looking like it was moving. I touched it and it created a brownish red smear. Then I noticed another. My daughter came in from her connectiong room complaining that she had been bitten by something and within a half hour her arms, shoulders, and the parts of her back that had been exposed looked like she had chicken pox. I called the manager immediately and told him that our room had to be moved. He sent up the desk clerk and head of housekeeping. While we were waiting for them, I saw a little bug climbing up the wall, and when I grabbed it with a tissue, a large splatter of blood appeared on the wall. The desk clerk came up. My husband had captured two more live bugs from another wall in a water glass. The desk clerk shrugged and said that it was the summer time and mosquitoes tend to fly in. I pointed out that these bugs didn't fly but he kept insisting that they were mosquitoes. They moved our room two floors up and we prayed that we did not take any bugs with us. I spent two hours that evening running a hot iron over every piece of clothing, hoping to stop any further infestation.
The desk staff throughout the stay were barely pleasant. When we asked about restaurants, no one could tell us about any place beside Magellan that was down the block (excellent, see review.) We were catching a 6:30AM flight on the fourth morning, so on the third night my husband took care of the bill and told the guy at the desk that we were leaving early in the morning. He mentioned that we were upset about the bugs and the guy had a tantrum. "Why does everyone complain to us? If you had a problem with your room, you complain to housekeeping. I don't have to hear your complaints. People complain about the food, they should complain to the restaurant..." The next morning we came down with our suitcases at 5. Our driver was waiting for us. The same guy at the desk called out to us to ask us where we were going and why we weren't saying good morning to him, and what room were we in - he had to know who was leaving. I said that we had checked out the night before and kept walking. The guy had a fit, screaming and yelling that he didn't know what room we were leaving. My husband walked back in and gave him a piece of his mind. The guy screamed at my husband that we better never come back to this hotel.
And no one else should either!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank JaneeW
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just returned from a wonderful holiday to Dubovnik. Hotel was excellent and rooms were better than expected, pictures don't really do the rooms justice. Not sure if they were just refurbished. Only minor complaint was the lack of sunbeds, pool area is not the biggest but could accommodate extra beds.

Old city is about a 20 minute walk but can be tough in the heat so we took the bus 30 kuna (just under £4) for a 24 hr pass each. buses regular and clean (better than our own).

Only ate lunch once at the hotel, nice enough. would really recommend Magellan restaurant food is amazing and only 2mins from hotel. We did not find dubrovnik that expensive on par with UK. when ordering spirits in bars ask for local brands.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in Hotel Lero for one week. The location is very good as it is quite close to old town of Dubrovnik (about 20 minutes to walk) and also a walking distance to other parts of the town (Lapad, Babin Kuk, new harbour). We walked everytime to old town and back.

the hotel is not "luxorious", but it is clean and nice. The breakfast was excellent, there were a lot of possibilites to choise.

We had a seaview room with balcony. The room was quite big and there were safety and well functioning AC in the room. The balcony was small, but it was ok. The view was nice but not outstanding.

The swimming pool area was rather small, but at least in June there were enough space for us.

I can recommend this hotel without any doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed at hotel Lero, found it to be a nice clean hotel with lovely staff, 20 -25 walk or bus, but we always took a taxi for 500 kuna...about £5.00, overall a great base for dubrovnik....a most wonderful place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Latinmarty
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Excellent location to the old city. You can get a bus or drive to the old city. Or you could also walk down to the beach. Good hotel, good facilities and poo (small though, but still great). Their breakfast buffet is quite nice, freshly made with friendly servers and staff. I highy recommend you stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street as the street is quite busy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends