Hotel Lapad
US$ 454
US$ 223
US$ 202
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 227/night.

US$ 414
US$ 322
US$ 280
Agoda.com
2,359 results
All reviewslovely hotelthe busold townnew marinayacht clubglass doorside sea viewgruz harbourturn left out of the hotelships docksmall balconypool areasuperior roomhalf boardturn rightevening buffetbars and restaurants
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have just returned from a 5 night break (7th to 12th April) staying at this hotel and enjoyed our stay.
The staff are very helpful, pleasant & courteous.
The breakfast buffet was very good and plentiful. We stayed on a half board basis in order to include evening meals as we wanted to have some surety of our costs, and by and large the evening buffet was OK. Although there was a good choice, as with most buffets nothing is ever hot! This was no exception and spoils what could be a very good meal.
Al a carte dinners are also offered, however, I don't think the food was good enough for that.
I noticed that the breakfast cost 75 Kuna (approx £9) and evening buffet is 150 Kuna (approx £18). There is a very good Italian restaurant about 50m away from hotel where we ate 1 night to get away from luke warm buffet!. Food there was good and inexpensive at 40 Kuna (approx £5 for large HOT pizza. There was not too many other restaurants within 10 mins walking distance)
Our room (37) was very good overlooking the sea and the cruise ships. It was a superior double room. (Our hotel was booked through Travel Republic and they wanted £324 = £20 to upgrade our room from standard to Superior. We contacted the hotel direct and they charged 60 euro for the same!)
From the Hotel it takes a 40 minute walk to get to the old town of Dubrovnik. Not too difficult a walk. We generally walked in and got the Number 6 bus back at 10 Kuna. It dropped you right outside the hotel.
Overall a good experience and we were generally pleased with our choice after much research.

Room Tip: Superior sea view rooms are much better. As noted above, speak(email) directly to hotel for best value.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Johnboy99
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel in May 2011. We chose it because we read somewhere that this hotel was rated "the most beautiful hotel" in Europe or smth like that, and it turned out very true. The main building is over 100 years old, but nicely renovated. It truly gives the hotel a very special spirit. The staff is helpful and very friendly. Standard rooms are located in modern building behind the main building and are not big, but very nice, everything necessary is there, bathroom remodeling is very modern and done with quality, so I couldn't think of anything to compalin about while staying at Lapad. Every room has a little balcony, and I think most of the room have a side view of the bay. We didn't use the pool at all, but it looks magnificent at night. The restaurant is ok. Breakfasts are great, but dinner is just ok. We ate dinner once, and it was good, but not terrific, plus pretty pricey even by Dubrovnik's standards. There is a restaurant on the pier not far from the hotel, can't remember the name, but it was the best meal we had in Dubrovnik (and not expensive at all). To get there turn left when you exit the gotel, go past the gas station, and behind the gas station take an alley to the right, there walk a little bit and you shouldn't miss it. The hotel is in about 30-minute walk from the old town, but buses come every 5-10 minutes, so it's not an issue.
Overall, I loved Lapad and would definitely recommend it for couples and crowds. Probably it's not the best option for staying solo as it's a quite hotel in a quite place, so it might be hard to meet people and find things to do. I'm not sure why it has only 4 stars (maybe because they don't have beach access), in my mind (as an average traveler) it deserves 5 stars easily. I will definitely try to come back to this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dariya P
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear DariyaP,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback of your recent visit.
It is so encouraging to receive so kind comments from our guests.
I am delighted you will visit us again in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 12 April 2012

As other travelers have mentioned, this is a nice facility. Great selection of buffet breakfasts, modern, clean, well-lit rooms. Courteous staff who have made various reservations for us, the bus from town (only 10 min) drops off right in front. My only complaint is that I paid a hell of a lot extra for a "deluxe sea view" and they keep phoning me up asking me to "close the shutters--it's too windy." So I will attach a picture of the view I have paid at least 50% more for.

Room Tip: You might want to go for a balcony--maybe then they won't ask you to close the shutters all the time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelingTeach04
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear TravelingTeach04,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Hotel Lapad.
We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and the hotel facility in general.
On the other hand we are sorry that your experience did not meet completely your expectations.
During windy nights we usually ask our guests to close the shutters for safety reasons.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We (myself, wife and teenage daughter) stayed for 7 nights and found the Lapad a real treat, which offset the disappointing Easter weather. It has an air of quiet elegance and charm - our rooms were well appointed, well lit (how many hotels can claim that?) and very clean. The breakfast and buffet dinners (half board) offered a wide choice, were varied through the week and of excellent quality - even out of season when the hotel was not full. All the staff were polite and friendly and the place was relaxing and quiet. The position was ideal to split your time between the sights of the old town (as already stated by others 5 mins away by a frequent city bus service) the Gruz harbour and the seashore/woodland areas of Lapad & Babin Kuk. If you are looking for a lot of excitement or extra facilities within an hotel this is probably not for you - but is exactly why we liked it. We looked at several others whilst there and felt we had made the best choice for our needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruckstar
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I must say I was disapointed by this place and Dubrovnik all in all as read so much rewies but I guess they were all written by eldery people as this is definitely not for us young ones. It was in general our mistake to book a holiday in Dubrovnik so early in the season because it is ghost town and does not justify the reputation it has. Hotel Lapad is, I would say, an average 3* and does not deserve 4* in my opinion as it has absolutely no additional facilities, no indoor pool, no beauty parlour, no welness, gym, entertainment, nothing. It is quite boring with absolutely nothing to do. Rooms, although stylish, are a bit small and not so comfy. The position of the hotel is OK,, with easy access to restaurants and shops. This hotel is definitely for eldery people and business people who just stop by, it is not a hotel to sweep you off your feet, it is too peacefull and stuck in time venue. Perhaps I would come back again when I'll be 85 and in need of peace. The night life is nowhere to be found, it is a complete catastrophy, I do feel sorry for the locals. Dubrovnik is a city for a weekend break, 2 days are more than enough to see the things it has to offer, than move on to some exciting places, to Montenegro.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear MelissaQueen,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Lapad.
We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.
I am very sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your stay and that the offer of our hotel was not up to your expectations.
I hope you have found Dubrovnik appealing and that you will be back someday especially in the summer season when you will have a completely different experience.

With kind regards,