All reviews the bus half board old town lapad bay bars and restaurants patio doors three star lovely little hotel single room first floor on a daily basis decent hotel every morning no tea coffee making facilities stayed here for a week small pool balcony room
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We booked this hotel for 4 nights. The first night, we were assigned a run down, dirty two single beds room. It was the last available. For the next three days, we were moved to a king size bed room, much cleaner. The attitude of the Manager was very condescending. This is a 'only standards rooms' hotel. Don't expect anything out of the ordinary, even the breakfast. Access to Dubrovnik very easy by bus. I definitely don't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Simply put, don't go! Pay a little more and get something acceptable.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your opinion is extremely important to us for our future improvement.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We were only here one night, and left for a few hours to go for dinner. When we came back, we found that a maintenance person had been in, because they'd left their tools (pliers, screwdrivers), on top of our suitcase. They had also used the toilet.

This was really careless, and the tools were a really disconcerting thing to return to at 10:00pm. It shows a really poor level of staff training, and a lack of concern for visitors' feelings of security and comfort. I know it's a cheaper hotel, but being careful about those things costs nothing.

When we raised this with management the next morning, they just replied "we'll look into that". There was no apology, I would really have appreciated one.

Also:
• The air conditioning was so loud that we couldn't use it at night, even with earplugs in.
• There's no safe in the room. This compounded the sense of insecurity we felt when we found the tools carelessly left on top of our suitcase.

If it wasn't for these issues, I'd say the price was fair enough - the room is tatty (no shower curtain, old bedspread, worn out towels) but clean.

Room Tip: Views from the front are great, but loud music from the beach continues until 4:30am.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaryTron

Dear Madam,
Thank You for staying at Hotel Komodor. We are sad to read that you were not satisified with the athmosfere in the Hotel. We always strive to provide best possible service. We will discuss and use Your comment to improve.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We really enjoyed our time here, 9/9/18 -16/9/18 food was good , good choices, my partner is vegetarian, and she had no complaints, the staff are excellent, the room opened up to the pool, good size room , very good shower, always hot water, and kept very clean , clean towels everyday, would go back tomorrow , only reason I wouldn't give 5/5 is the rooms must have paper thin walls, you can hear your neighbour , especially when they flush toilet or shower you'd think they were in your bathroom, but as I said ,if we go back to Dubrovnik we would book here , it's close to a shingle beach, and loads of bars and restaurants aroun check out the CELTIC bar, probarbly cheapest around, and good atmosphere used by the locals

Stayed: September 2018
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank You for writing this beautiful review about your stay. We are very pleased you had a great holidays with us and we are glad to be a part of your nice memories.
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for just one night recently when we were on our way to another part of Croatia. The hotel has basic amenities but is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool area is and the hotel has a great location.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank You for Your kind review. We are glad we have met Your expectations. If you choose to visit Dubrovnik again, we are looking forward to be your host during your next visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Starting with the obvious and mentioned in many reviews - the hotel needs a face-lift, the pipes are making noise, the furnishings are a bit tatty and the facilities seem from the 70s.

BUT, despite all this I had a great stay and was so pleasantly surprised by how nice and helpful staff are, how great the location and how plentiful the food in the breakfast and dinner buffet. I was checked in earlier and given a room with sea view despite having booked a room with park view. That was a nice bonus.

The room is not small at all for single travelers (although I stayed in a twin with balcony overlooking the sea). The hotel is 1 min from the beach. Although on a road, it is quiet at night. The hotel is 1 mi walk to the stop for Bus 4 which takes you to the Old Town in 10 mins.

House wine is affordable and fresh food and salads are plentiful.

If I was to make some improvements - I'll offer better coffee ( the machine one was not great and instant is a no-no). Splitting the terrace into smoking and non-smoking areas could be good as at some point I was surrounded by smokers and could not enjoy my food.

Everything else was great. After much research into accommodation in Dubrovnik (Which is so expensive and not great value for money) I was very pleased with my choice at Komodor.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
MiljenkoS3, Manager at Hotel Komodor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Madam,
Thank you for choosing Dubrovnik and our hotel for your destination. I am pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,