We spend 4 nights for our anniversary in late July. The weather was spectacular, over 30 degrees the whole time.
The set up of the hotel is very good. All rooms face the beach and have the most spectacular sunset views over the ocean. The rooms are very comfortable and suit the price tag. Each room has a private balcony too. The rooms were clean and well air-conditioned so you could decide whether to soak up the hot sun outside or cool down inside. The bed was comfortable, however, I find it VERY aggravating when you find four terrible pillows on the bed next to a pillow menu for extra charge - IF YOU HAVE BETTER PILLOWS, PUT THEM ON THE BED!!!!
The staff were lovely although at times I think it is easy to feel like they are being short with you, this is just a misinterpretation of the eastern European english accent.
The Hotel's facilities are very good and cheap. We each had a massage for 35 euro's. There is a pool and a pebble beach which is not restricted to guests only but we never had a problem getting a couple of sun lounges.
The food and cocktails are unfortunately where the hotel falls down. Though the meals and drinks are cheap, they are also cheap! The cocktails we were informed often come premixed straight from a can and are simply poured into a glass and garnished, which shows. The beach front offers a lovely setting for a romantic meal, but the buffet style food continually lets down the meal. However, walking south along the cost there are a multitude of hotels offering high class food (albeit at much higher prices) so a good meal is not far away. The breakfast offered by the hotel is, on the contrary, spectacular and fits the price tag very well. The choice is unbelievable and you will not be disappointed.
Finally, the trip to the Old Town is a 15 minute bus trip. This is made easy by the fact that the Hotel and the Old Town are literally the last stop in either direction so you can't get lost. We found the old town a little tourist heavy and were interested in a relaxing holiday on the beach so this didn't bother us, but if you were interested in spending a lot of time in the old town you might find this frustrating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik