US$ 580
US$ 374
US$ 341
Priceline
1,751 results
All reviewsbeach bistroromantic roomthe buspiano barprivate beachold townthe hotel shopstar hotelsea viewbeach shoesa la carte restaurantsuperior roomoutdoor poolfantastic hotelbuffet dinnerwelcome drinksun loungers
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the moment we arrived we were greeted very warming by a young guy at reception, who took care of all of our needs during our stay. We were informed about everything from the moment we checked in, including the fish/seafood "fisherman's buffet" serving that night, which was highly recommended and we are very glad we booked for the occasion. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Our balcony was huge and we spent most afternoons watching the sun set over a glass of wine. The swimming area has ample beach chairs and the towel service is so easy to use. This hotel is located in Lapad, but it is easy to get into Dubrovnik old town by bus. The bus stop is directly outside of the hotel, and is the last stop of the service so you can never miss your stop. I believe that ran every 10/15mins, and takes approx 20mins into the old town (again the last stop). You can purchase tickets from reception, which is the most economical way. This bus can get quite full, and the driver tends to not leave people behind! The other bus service that leaves from this hotel takes to you Gruz, about 10/15mins, so even though this hotels ocation is a little further out, it is well serviced by the local bus. I wouldn't recommend dining at this hotel, the food was ok but not the greatest. Breakfast, however, is great! Large variety to suit all needs, and omelettes made fresh to order. Tables were always clean, service was efficient.

We both really enjoyed our stay here and would have been happy to stay longer. Only advice, keep all documentation regarding the package that you purchase. We had a minor hiccup with the transfer service, however this was promptly rectified by the young man at reception, he seemed to be the best person to speak to about any concerns. We booked the romantic package and we were very happy with that.

Room Tip: Hotel offers good packages so definitely book via their website rather than an online booking agency.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KC2604
Valamar_President, General Manager at Valamar Collection Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear guests,

thank you very much for the time and the lovely words you've put into your review. Very thorough and I'm quite sure very helpfull to all the Trip advisor members.
It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much, so I sincerely hope you will give us the chance to be your hosts again.
Till then take care and all the best from Valamar Dubrovnik President!

regards,

Belinda L. Božanja - Valamar Dubrovnik President general manager

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I usually try to avoid big mega-hotels like this one, but that's not easy to do in Dubrovnik if you want to be on the water. The hotel itself is lovely (especially for the reasonable price)- my ocean view room was large, clean, and had the most comfortable bed of any hotel during my 10 day trip to Croatia. One great feature is the pillow room service menu- for no additional cost, you can select a pillow from a menu of luxurious options. My room also had a large balcony over the sea, which was a perfect place to relax with a bottle of wine to watch the sun set. The downsides to this hotel are the outdated bathrooms, very average food- definately don't stay here for dinner- and long distance to the old city. However, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel with regular service to the old city for a very low price. Don't bother trying to drive- traffic is terrible and there is no parking. My biggest complaint is that there is no outdoor pool. Given how rocky and inaccessible Mediterranean beaches are, I don't understand why an enormous, somewhat upscale hotel like this one doesn't have one. Had I known, I probably would have stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Spring for a sea view room. It was the best part of the hotel for us.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chicagogirl22
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Collection Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write a review.
I am glad you recognized our extra touch (pillow menu) and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
As for the outdoor swimingpool, we belive that our large indoor pool and blue flagged beach is adequate and there is also our neighbouring hotel Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik with a nice outdoor pool which you are more than welcome to use.
Kind regards,
Ivica Sabljic

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I were at this hotel in late June 2011. We all loved it - food and service, and our hotel room! Beautiful beach, clean sea water. Very convenient location in relation to the Old Town. And a lot of good !!!)))
This hotel can talk a lot, but everyone should go there!
The following summer, definitely come here with our son.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank milady86

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for staying in Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel and thank you for this wonderful comments.
Looking forward to seeing you folowing summer.
Ivica Sabljic

Reviewed 15 November 2011

The rooms are simple, the area has lovely views, the food is fine. The distance to the old city is far, but this is still a fine place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay a lot.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Collection Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear guest,
thank you for taking time to write a review. I am glad you chose Valamar Dubrovnik President hotel for your stay and that you found it satisfactory.
I do hope you will visit us again next time you are in Dubrovnik.
I.Sabljic
hotel manager

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed for four nights in October 2011 as part of a package organised for us. The hotel is out of town, overlooking a beach. There is however, a frequent bus service to the city which begins outside the hotel. Our spacious room was on the fourth floor with a balcony in common with other rooms.t I was dismayed to read a list of "don'ts" on arrival. Surprisingly it stated we were not allowed to put personal things in the mini fridge/bar. The hotel was comfortable and the food was plentiful and well cooked. The buffet style restaurant had plenty of choice, although the chef complained at breakfast he couldn't cope and had not had a day off for 8 months. The only serious problem I found was the price of drinks. Despite being at the centre of an orange growing area, the breakfast orange was a weak and watery affair, but a waiter was stationed at the entrance to the restaurant, offering freshly squeezed orange juice for a hefty price. There were very few customers on the days we were there. Similarly the drinks in the restaurant were very pricey. A half litre bottle of sparkling water, for example, cost about £3.50 but we saw exactly the same product in a local supermarket for 50p.

Room Tip: All rooms faced the sea, so immaterial which one to choose.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank CaroleAK
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Collection Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear CaroleAK,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad you found our hotel comfortable and satisfactory. I hope next time you are in Dubrovnik you will stay in our hotel.
Lot of greetings,