“Faultless”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 20 April 2012

A great hotel with outstanding facilities, service and views over the Adriatic. Not too far from the old town and certainly within walking distance. Walking back may prove a problem for travellers with mobility issues as there is a hill to climb on the way back to the hotel. We found it not to be a problem.

All in all a really great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JamesWarrington1
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on this website.
I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service and facilities you experienced during your stay.
As in Dubrovnik all streets are hilly it is thrue that walking to the city ( 20 minutes) is much nicer and easier then the way back to the hotel.
Local bus No 4 stops in front of our hotel it takes only 3-4 minutes drive from the old town.and
I am sorry that you did not use it. Bus ticket is 12 kunas ( cca 1,6 Eur)
Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor pages.
We look forward welcoming you back soon !
Sincerely
Luce Baća

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I got engaged in Croatia in the summer of 2007 (NOT May 2011). Most of Europe was hit with a brutal heatwave (a dozen people died in Paris) that summer, and the charming B&B we were originally booked into had lost its air conditioning. After one very uncomfortable night, we moved to the Hotel Bellevue, and it was terrific. We appreciated the modern rooms and amenities, and the private beach was great.

The Bellevue was still new at that time, and I'm not sure whether it's gotten better or worse, but I would definitely go back.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elmorse

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments .
I assure you that "Bellevue" is even better now then in 2007 and I hope
welcoming you again very soon !!!
Best regards,
Luce Baća

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We visited for a week over the Easter period in a basic double with seaview. The room, 512, was large and very comfortable with plentiful L'Occitane toiletries. The seaview did not disappoint and although the basic rooms do not have balconies, the large windows can be opened to enjoy the sea air.

The hotel has a well equipped lovely sea view spa with pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. We found the treatments offered at the spa to be good value for money. Access to the beach is a real attraction at this hotel and makes the ten minute walk into the old town very worthwhile. It's fantastic to have a city holiday where you can also spend time on the beach.

The breakfast buffet which was included in our room rate was average - no complaints but not outstanding.

The plusses really outweigh the minuses at this hotel but if you hold yourself out as being a 5 star hotel then this is the basis upon which I will rate you and there was one aspect of our stay that fell far below 5 star standard and this was the housekeeping. It sounds so fussy but I expect more from a 5 star hotel with these rack rates and have certainly never experienced this kind of shoddy style before. Rarely were our curtains ever opened - they were always just left the way we had half opened them in the morning. Once the bedspread was removed on the first night, it never made a reappearance and was just left on the window cill for the whole week. The bed was made poorly every day - please see the attached photo which shows the bed just after housekeeping had visited. Towels that we opted to re-use were not re-folded. It seemed really out of kilter with the rest of the hotel's offerings and has brought down my rating.

1  Thank Happytraveller12397

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor's pages.
Many thanks for mentioning size of our rooms, our l'Occitaine toiletries,nice sea view from your room as well as our spa and good treatments you experienced during your stay.
I am so sorry that you had objection on our housekeeping lady and I've already reacted, because
the way she made your bed ( attached photo) is not in our standards.
I am so sorry that you did not mentione your objection during your stay because I am sure that we would avoid your dissatisfaction.
Once again I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and should your travel bring you back to Dubrovnik , I would be delighted if you choose our hotel again,

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights and everything was near perfect. Didn't try the beach because was early April and not warm enough, nor the restaurant in the evening but no reason to think these wouldn't be ok.

1  Thank kevinDorking

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments od Tripadvisor's pages.
I hope that you will be back with us again and have opportunity to use our nice sandy beach,
swimm in cristal clear Adriatic sea and taste delicious food in our restaurant "Vapor" with mediterrainen cuisine.
I look forward welcoming you back soon !!
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have just returned from this Hotel 10 nights. Classed as 5 Star. We booked a "superior " Sea View Room but the room was small with small balcony and bathroom. Breakfast was buffet and was average. Both room and breakfast 3 star. Cost of food very expensive. Good seaview with access to beach. Good pool.
Staff very helpful and the hotel was spacious. 20 minutes into the old town. Would not recommend staying here for more than 4 days and most people when we were there did not stay for long periods

1  Thank Peter S
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay.
I am really sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in certain aspects.
I appreciate your positive comments about friendly staff,nice pool and nice sea-view from your room and I will be happy to share your comments with my team.
Regarding the size of your room , surface of the room, bathroom is 29 m2,while surface of the balcony is 5,5 m2.
Our suites are more spacious from 56 m2 untill 110 m2 and in a case that we have availibility
we are always willing to upgrade our clients and I am sorry that you did not tell us anything during your stay with us.
As in April swimming season does not start yet we always ecourage our guests to take
advantage of our highly trained concierge staff regarding informations how and where to go to
explore not only old city of Dubrovnik but also its surroundings ; inland and islands.
Croatian coast is very beautiful and has more then 1000 islands and small islets.
Regarding our buffet breakfast more then 100 different items are displayed every morning and also you could order a la carte without any charge.
I appologise for any disappointment caused and I would be more then grateful to receive further details in order to review and improve our offers for your next visit.

With kind regards,