“What a location!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dannythom...
Bedford
“What a location!”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The apartment is less than 5 minutes from Pile Gate of the old city. The location is fantastic. The apartment belongs to Pavo and his wife who are fantastic hosts and will do whatever they can to make your stay easier. Pavo even phoned a guide for me to confirm a meeting point. That said the apartment has it's own access and is completely private. If you are looking for a good value place to stay to explore the old city this is a great shout.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
AlexisRF
Chicago, Illinois
“4.5 stars - Pavo is a STAR OWNER!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My rating for this property is 4.5 stars but there is no option for that. There are only a few things that didn't make this a perfect property for me which might mean nothing to other people. The overall condition of the inside property is not a WOW! Im more into the modern/luxury design and this place is more traditional/old fashioned aesthetic and it is showing some wear on some areas. There's a lingering faint smell in the bathroom, im not sure if its sewage. The pillows are so thin and tired that I had to use towels to add on since we only had one each. Since it is attached to the main house, you can hear furniture being dragged and on weekends you can also hear club music from a nearby establishment even when your windows are closed. Overall it is still a relatively quiet property. Im very very sensitive to sound so this might not mean anything to a regular ear. None of these linger after midnight but I thought id point it out. As I said these are nit picky things that prevented me to give a perfect score. I dont think any of these points are major enough to consider in decision making for most people

Now lets move on to the pluses which it has a lot

1 PAVO PAVO PAVO - this guy is on top of his game. From the moment I emailed him, he patiently answered all my questions in detail, quickly and completely. In fact we were able to make a deal in one day unlike other properties which takes days and days before you can make a decision coz it takes them time to respond and when they do, they don't answer all my questions. When we arrived, Pavo met us by the parking lot and helped us with our luggage and then took us to the car rental where we dropped our car off. He sat down with us to give us an orientation of the place and give us the 411. Seriously it was better than a hotel concierge. I suggest taking into consideration his restaurant recommendations. We enjoyed most of them. You don't get this from renting an apartment. When we left he booked us a cab to the airport and bade us farewell. I am picky with service level quality and this guy exceeded my expectations. He manages his property very well and takes care of his clients. On our last day, he let us stay in the unit till 4 pm since his other client is not coming in later in the evening. its like the service you get when you are staying at the Ritz or Peninsula but more personal.

2. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - my dream location when I travel is somewhere that is very close to the sites and points of interest yet tucked in an area that is quiet and away from the noise and chaos. Yes this can be a rare find and I have to say that this property meets that requirement. I could not have asked for a better location. Its less than a 5 min walk from the Pile gate. There's a very short uphill climb to the street where the property is and then there's less than 10 steps to your gate. In DBV, most properties will require you to go up 100 or so steps but not this one. In fact, I would take the location of this property over any property within the walls. The views from this location are also nice, from the kitchen you will see the walls, From the living room, you will see rooftop views and the Hilton hotel. 5 stars for the location of this property

3. APARTMENT HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED
Reliable and fast internet, washer and dryer, kitchen necessities, etc. All you need to live and stay in an apartment to call it home is there. If you have time to relax in the evening, you can stay in the patio which overlooks a small garden with 3 turtles. We only found out about the turtles on our last day, thank god we didn't accidentally step on these cuties. There is no safe in the property but you don't need to worry about a thing, we left items worth thousands and felt safe about it.

We paid 76 euros per night for this property and I think that is good value for everything that I have mentioned above. The Hilton which is a few feet away from this property starts at 400 Euros per night.

Thanks PAVO for making our stay really memorable! Im still waiting for those pictures you took of us with the turtles :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pavo provides best customer service
Liked least: bathroom and pillows
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
TravelCri...
Swansea
“Lovely little apartment in superb location”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

If you are looking for somewhere quiet but close to the key sights of Dubrovnik, you will be hard pushed to find something better than this. It is also reasonably priced - and the owner, Pavo, is a very friendly and most helpful guy.
He had arranged a taxi pick-up for us from the airport and was waiting for us when we pulled into the car park. He then guided us to the apartment, which is literally only a two-minute walk from the Pile gate (leading into the old town). We found the fridge had been stocked with water and beer and there was a fruit basket waiting for us as well. Pavo recommended a couple of restaurants and we were off exploring less than an hour after the plane had touched down.
You will find a bakery and several small supermarkets in the vicinity of the apartment. The main tourist information office is also just a couple of hundred metres away. Despite this proximity to the hustle and bustle of Dubrovnik, the apartment is an oasis of peace and quiet and the terrace with its little walled garden is an absolute delight. The apartment has its own (locked) entrance gate from the lane. If you are trying to find the location on a map, look for the Hilton Imperial hotel. Pavo's house is just a stone's throw to the north-east of it - and I'm sure you will be better off (in every sense of the word) there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, but convenient location
Liked least: Sloping ceilings (but then it's advertised as being in the roof space)
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
MKSmithFa...
Falkirk
“Excellent hospitality”
Reviewed 19 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Lovely apartment with charming garden and terrace in an ideal location. Pavo is the most hospitable person we have met either at home or abroad. The welcome and the kindness we received during our stay was excellent. Would have no problem in recommending this apartment to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tortoises were very entertaining!
Liked least: Watch out for the low ceilings!
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing