“Refreshing Vegetarian”

Ranked #43 of 407 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The first and only 100% vegetarian & vegan & gluten free restaurant in Dubrovnik. For everyone who love to eat.
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Ok, when you are traveling you find yourself either eating all the wrong types of food on the cheap or spending way too much on food which ends up disappointing. If this sounds like a problem which you face, go to Nishta. I am not a vegetarian by any means but I still really enjoy Nishta thoroughly. An eclectic variety of dishes are offered which will satisfy anyone palate. Tea is the best!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Although I appreciate the attempt to be different amidst a sea of traditional Croatian restaurants the execution of the food is hit and miss. Had the zucchini spaghetti as an appetizer which I found to be absolutely delicious mainly because of the sauce. It was one of the best dishes I've had in Croatia. For my main I had the Indianastic (3 curries with rice and naan) and my husband had the burrito with tempeh. This is where it went downhill for us. Okay being from Vancouver where we have amazing Indian food I probably should have known better than to order the Indian main. The curries were under-seasoned (or mis-seasoned in some cases) and watery. The naan did not resemble proper naan at all. Overall for me it was a nice change to eat some ethnic food and I did eat most of my meal but it wasn't great. My husband however didn't even finish his burritos and the bites I sampled weren't appetizing as the burrito had an overwhelming all-spice/clove type flavour (my husband thought maybe annatto seed). A couple we met on an excursion recommended this so we gave it a try. I think it comes down to what you order - I wish we had made different selections and maybe stuck to sampling the appetizer size dishes instead.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My Wife and I ate here twice and enjoyed all our meals. We are not Vegetarians and decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. Portion sizes and prices are good. The meal selections are imaginative and varied. Falafel and salad, Spiced Quinoa & salad, Burritos just some of the choices and all full of flavour and I must say I did not miss the meat! Along with good service this place is a pleasure to eat at.

Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful meal! We had read on trip advisor to book a table and good thing we did. The restaurant was full when we arrived for our 7:00 pm reservation but we were assured that a few tables were paying and within five minutes we were seated. We shared the tofu skewers as a started and wished we didn't choose to share. We enjoyed the three well prepared tofu/red pepper/pineapple skewers with a peanut sauce and delicious light quinoa salad. For our mains we had the rice noodle/mixed veg stir fry with turmeric and ginger and the bean/polenta/smoked seitan dish. The portions were quite healthy and though we were full we decided on dessert too. The cardamom rice pudding with berry coulis was light and refreshing. The fig in sweet wine with cinnamon marscapone was rich and warming (maybe not the brightest choice for a hot night but it was beautiful nonetheless). We each had a glass of wine and managed the meal for 325 kuna with a 20% tip included (for great service and to make up for two girls from our country who were short on their bill, promised to return to pay the rest and certainly didn't leave a tip). That is 54 USD for a great meal in lovely atmosphere with good service - we would pay at least that much back home. There was another couple eating there for the second night in a row - the food is that good and certainly different from all of the other restaurants in the Balkans.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband is vegetarian and Nishta is very good, clean and cheap (comparing to the other restaurants) restaurant. The service is very quick, everybody who works there is very polite. There are different food from pizzas and pastas. We tried all the main dishes in the menu and each one of them is delicious.