“One of our favorite meals on our 3 week European vacation ”
Review of Makarun

Makarun
Ranked #55 of 478 Restaurants in Split
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We have a couple of days left on our trip and I had a few minutes, so I thought I’d write my review on the fabulous meal we had here. My husband and I had the fresh fish (1kg) based off the recommendation of our server, Stipe. We selected our fish at the table and after it was cooked, Stipe skillfully prepared/served it to us. The fish was delicious and the service was warm and friendly. It was a great meal. We recommend it.

JureFarac, Owner at Makarun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited on a Thursday evening and were greeted with polite waiters. I had seen the menu previously online and wanted to try the steak with truffle mash- I was not disappointed. The steak itself was cooked well, not very fatty at all and paired really well with the truffle mash and peppercorn sauce on the side. The portion size was also a bonus! We were also given homemade bread before our meal which was a nice touch. I had the ‘chocolate bingo’ dessert and whilst the name doesn’t make much sense, it was delicious. Essentially a mix of chocolate, peanuts and caramel sauce but done well. Our waiter talked us through the desserts and gave us time when we needed it, I liked that. The only thing I found slightly odd was that we could not pay the bill in both card and cash when I asked, I’ve never come across this and whilst i was able to pay by card, I don’t see why the bill couldn’t have been split and paid in different ways. Tips were also only payable by cash.
Overall though, an enjoyable £60 meal for two with desserts and a cocktail.

JureFarac, Owner at Makarun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This is the place to eat . It’s meats are exceptional for Croatia.
The setting is magical if you can find it , if not persevere.
The service is superb and knowledgeable.
You have to try the house macaroni with mushrooms and truffles. This is there signature dish. It’s is a main course size but they are happy to split it, my wife had filet migonand got two(lucky me). I had pork brochettes . Both very good.
It may cost you more than any neighboured place but well worth it,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We had a nice evening with good food. From the list a salad appetizer and after that Biftek a la Makarun with a reasonable 280 kuna was just what we expected from a good level restaurant. People enter after eight o´clock, we just wondered half an hour earlier the empty restaurant. The local Shyrah Korlat from Zadar area can well be recommended. The restaurant is a hidden pearl in the old center.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food---very attentive service. Situated in a quiet courtyard off the immensely busy town streets of Split. We had fish in paper (the whole fresh fish was too expensive) and our friend had a delicious meat dish.

Date of visit: September 2018