“Great find”
Review of Pikulece

Pikulece
Ranked #34 of 476 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Description: Pikulece translates as a small bites in Dalmatian dialect. But don't let the name fool you, you won't leave this little gem within the city walls of Split hungry. Creative and youthful bar has new offer and new dishes for great price. Sit and relax at a long bar inside and watch the cook prepare fresh dishes for you or enjoy the outside setting in a small cobbled street. Definitely a place to visit while in Split. Unusual combination of fresh ingredients, excellent wines and nice and cosy setting are perfect for warm summer nights. The kitchen is open so you can watch and talk with the chef. Nice selection of local wines, with many choices for vegetarians and children menu create great service. There is something extra special in how the dishes are prepared, presented, tasty and all over fantastic. If you like hanging out and eating delicious food Pikulece is an ideal place for you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were passing by this restaurant after being turned away from another one. A couple were leaving the restaurant and said it was great, so we took a chance. They were right.Its very tiny but the food was great and we enjoyed talking to the staff.

1  Thank RitaS4315

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Different menu every night by Yolanda. Super fresh ingredients, very creative, hints of tradition but inventive. Chef Yolanda is a gem, a great spirit and so talented. We particularly enjoyed the slow-cooked lamb and the grilled octopus. She uses very high end olive oil. Our server, Mia, was wonderful too. Went twice in our three days there. Great

1  Thank Compass480619
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everytime I’m in Split I end up coming back. This is a tiny restaurant serving small plates and only two kinds of mains, but every single dish is delicious, using fresh ingredients only. There are only a few places inside and a hanful of tables outside, but it seems to me that the place is busy everytime I’m there. My favorite “tapas” include shrimps, fresh local cheese with dried figs and dried figs with bacon. Delicious! But the main reason for my coming back is the lamb which is simply the best in town. Slowly cooked for several hours, juicy and full of flavors. Even the staff is always polite and chatty and I always enjoy my visits to this charming plcace. Maybe I shouldn’t be recommending this place this much as I may want this to remain my secret spot to enjoy delicious dinners, but still, I can’t help myself but to say: if you’re in Split, stop by and enjoy!

1  Thank tokioska
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is small, amazing place within the walls of ancient palace with most delicious food and friendliest staff ever. We returned two times because it was just amazing and we did want to risk with another restaurant. Make sure not to miss it when in Split.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my favourite restaurant in Split. They are serving local seasonal food (we had Illyrian cheese -MUST taste) and amazing figs in ham. The ambiance is really enjoyable and nice. Tucked away in small streets close to the main square, this restaurant became OUR place when in Split.
The staff is so friendly, polite and nice, the chef Jolanda is amazing person and incredible chef. Ask to see her Croatian cook book (we bought her book as a souvenir to take to our friends).
Pikulece will stay in our heart as amazing reminder of Split.
Thank you all for making us feel so welcome and special.

1  Thank Marijana M