All reviews minute walk a rick steves tour great clean hotel business style heated towel rail old town hotel is located cold meats and cheeses standard hotel four star reception staff exceptional staff sea front residential area recommend this hotel the main tourist breakfast room is
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We stayed here a part of a Rick Steves tour and the online photos don't really do the rooms justice. We had a small room that I believe could be part of a family suite- it didn't have much floor space but had beautiful built in storage above the bed. the in room coffee/tea pot is nice. Large bathroom compared to many places we stayed.
the breakfast was good. It is pretty convenient to the Old Town, only about a 15 min walk.

Room Tip: the small room we had was extremely quiet as it faces the interior wall
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank allisonodenthal
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

As part of a Rick Steves tour, I was throughly disappointed in this hotel. It's location was way too far from the main points of Split. The lack of cool air throughout the entire hotel was abysmal.
Breakfast was unsatisfactory. Hardly any choices, terrible coffee out of a machine.
I hit my toe on the shower lip twice. It is very odd.
The bed comfort is good. There is a bar next door for cocktails, etc.
Not that pleasant of a stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2017

although this is a "older" hotel this is still a very good place to stay. The staff were very nice and helpful. The room was super comfy and I had a great view of the local mountains from my window. The location is close to the old city and within a few minutes walking distance. If i find myself back in Split I would make sure I return to the Globo.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed at the Hotel Globo as part of a Rick Steves group tour. I was originally assigned room 16, which was on the lower level. These rooms had only very small windows near the ceiling. These rooms weren't particularly pleasant, so I asked to be moved to a room above ground. Fortunately there was space available and I was moved into room 207A, where I stayed for the next couple nights. The room was small, but was nicely decorated with wood cabinetry, a comfortable queen bed, two pillow sizes and one chair. The room had many cabinets for storing clothes, but very little space for storing a suitcase or duffle. The room had excellent lighting and good wi fi, but no view from the one window.

The bathroom had a tub/shower combination, but no shower curtain, so you had to be careful not to spray water all over the room (sometimes a little difficult with long hair). There was a crappy box hair dryer with a hose and nozzle. If you have long hair and need to use a dryer, you should bring your own.

The hotel is located within a 10-15 minute easy walk to the main tourist areas - close enough to be convenient, but far enough to be quiet at night. There is also a small grocery very close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above ground
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2017

From the first minute of arriving in the hotel, everything was perfect. Stayed three nights, for the business reason, had a great time. The staff was amazing, extremely friendly and helpful, not seen that for a long time. Since my room was at the 4th floor, it was very quiet, which was such a pleasant surprise. The heating worked well. The room was extremely clean and spacious, the beds are also large and very comfortable. The hotel smells beautifully and there is extremely fast internet connection. A great location, within walking distance of anywhere. All in all, a fantastic hotel made my stay in Split perfect!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business