Captain's Apartments
US$ 265
US$ 240
US$ 187
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslovely streetprovided mapscharming apartmentstayed herefirst floorthe ownerold citygreat locationshort stayair conhairdresserfridgenoisetvrivacentrecroatia
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Close to the Diocletian Palace, this apartment is affordable, well located, well decorated and comfortable. We only had a short stay but I can imagine that it would be good for a longer one. The owner was helpful and we had a good night's sleep. What more can one ask for?

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for 7 nights. We stayed in the one bedroom apartment. It has a beautiful rustic feel to it. There is a kitchenette, air conditioning, and a really comfy bed. It was also cleaned on a daily basis as well as the bed being made and new towels.

Our flight didn't come into split until 9pm and Natasa was nice enough to wait for us until we got to the apartment. It is also really a secure apartment as there are two doors that are locked before you enter the apartments.

I would most certainly be coming here again if I ever come back to split. This apartment is located right in the heart of split and so close to everything. There is a hairdresser right downstairs which I did use. 70 kuna for a wash and blow dry which is around $13 AUD and that is cheap as chips.

A couple of negatives was the shower door doesn't close properly and was worried for water splashing out and it does tend to get noisy from the hairdresser and the people walking outside in the morning however I am an early riser so it didn't bother me that much. There was renovations happening downstairs at the hair salon when we first got there and the cleaner was nice enough to take the time to knock on our door and personally let me know there would be noise. It wasn't that bad though.

My husband particularly liked the bed as he said it was ver comfortable and we both had amazing sleeps there.

I recommend trying out around the corner this ice cream place called Luka also. It is the best.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We had reservations for 3 nights in 3 apartments in September.
Natasa canceled (Water problems in all apartments?) the reservation just a few days before the trip. Fortunately, we found the accommodation though much higher price.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank TravelerMUPU
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I stayed in this place for 5 days in May 2016 during my trip along the Croatian shore.

It is very conveniently located in the north-west corner of the old city close to everything you may possibly need - ATMs, restaurants, bakeries, mini-markets, public transport etc.

Main bus station, port and train station are within 1km from the apartments.
Despite being just next to Marmontova street and seafront, the neighbourhood is pretty quiet at nights (not in a high season at least).

Major attractions such as Diocletian's palace, fish market, few museums are within 5 minutes walking distance.

The apartment itself is on the second floor with everything you need to enjoy short stay in Split - comfortable bed, small kitchenette with a fridge, good Wi-fi, satellite TV.

The hostess, Natasa, was very kind and helpful.

There is an option to have a professional massage on-site (so I had and really enjoyed it after few weeks of intense holidays).

I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.

Natasa, thanks for great stay, orahovica and cherries :)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
captains714, Owner at Captain's Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Thank You☺hope to see You again!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Enjoyable stay, very clean and spacious room, loved the decor. Excellent location highly recommend this spot. Parking was a bit of a hassle but was always able to find close to the water. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple