Palace Judita Heritage Hotel
Orbitz.com
US$ 312
US$ 240
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 304/night.

US$ 196
US$ 195
Apartments Gajeta(Split)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 148/night.

All reviewsgolf cartthe main squareold citycomplimentary bottle of wineelectric cartcharming hoteleggs cooked to orderbreakfast was deliciousyour luggageperfect locationferry ticketscomfortable roomswould highly recommend this hotelstone wallsparking spotour honeymoonstayed longer
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Our stay at the Palace Judita Heritage Hotel was wonderful as the location is within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. Most extraordinary was the assistance of the hotel concierge, Andrija. He expertly planned out our trip to the wine region at Peljesc, setting up lunch and wine tasting at Korta Katarina and drawing out an easy to follow map for our day. As soon as we mentioned we were also going to visit Montenegro, he planned our driving route and all the stops we should make along the way. He is a wealth of information and he was enjoyable to work with.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. I had vacation brain and was not clear with my email when I was coming in. But my final email was accurate. So when no one met me at the ferry so I was annoyed. I make it to the hotel and a guy sitting at the bar says he’ll take my luggage up but then he just sat there staring at me smoking a cigarette. I get up the stairs on my own and whine a little about not getting picked up at the ferry. I didn’t know Split was so big and thought with only one 12:30 ferry from Hvar the staff would be able to figure it out. But my plans had changed the day before and despite getting my other emails they didn’t get my final email. So instead of giving a little empathy the receptionist goes crazy on me. When I said I didn’t know why she didn’t get my email she told me to look at her inbox. I was tired and traveling in my own but she kept raising her voice. At one point she asked me if I wanted to find another hotel. I said yes but I wanted my money back so that didn’t go anywhere. She just wouldn’t stop. Finally I just kept asking her to check me in and just forget it all. She still wouldn’t stop talking. I finally asked her to shut up (which I shouldn’t have and I immediately apologized for) This got her in a new rant and I just kept asking for her to show me my room. I had not once raised my voice but she was so confrontational. I don’t know how I finally got her to show me my room but she did. I was quite upset and in tears by then and told her I didn’t want a review of the room features but she wouldn’t leave and started in on another rant. The room was beautiful but the window just looked into a wall. Then I heard a jackhammer right outside my window and I had it. I got up and left. I had prepaid for the room and intend to get my money back from Booking.com. I have not once ever left a hotel in anger. I thought I had a right to ask what happened on the ferry pick up. I was looking for an explanation, not a fight. She just kept escalating which I simply don’t understand. You’re in the hospitality business. If you think I’m being unreasonable,call the manager or something. In fact, I’m thinking of that now but at the time I was so astounded at her berating me I didn’t even think of asking to talk to the manager. All I can say is that you’ll probably like the hotel but if anything is wrong, don’t complain. If you travel alone I definitely wouldn’t go there. I called a little Sobe place and the man came to fetch me and carry my luggage to its destination. Btw, it wasn’t just me. The woman at my hotel in Hvar was so wonderful I hugged her goodbye. My previous hotel asked me to email them when I got to my next destination. If you can’t be calm with a customer’s complaint, maybe you’re in the wrong business. Your hotel is only as good as the people who represent you. This adventure cost me money, time and ruined my day. Just not fair or right. All I can say is that with her people skills I think if she’s ever looking for a job in the USA, she should apply at a Starbucks in Philadelphia. She’d be perfect.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Thorspecken
shadeCRO, Guest Relations Manager at Palace Judita Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Mrs. Thorspecken,

we value the time You took to write this review. Please be advised that we do take any claims of mistreatment extremly serious and that in response we have talked to all included parties included with the receptionist in question, a guest seated at the bar at the time of Your arrival, two guests seated at the lounge by the front desk who were waiting for their departure transfer, and our housekeeping personnel that was present in the public area during the incident. In addittion, we reviewed all correspondence between the hotel and Yourself and we reviewed our CCTV footage.

Given the specific location of the hotel and complicated logistics, we do our best to provide guests with essential information beforehend, and we provide complimentary assistance on arrival whenever we have the necessary details.

We have never received the crucial piece of information; that is when and where from are You arriving. The last message we got from You was: ''I will be taking the 12:30 ferry from Split''.

This information was misleading but we did send addittional e-mail asking for clarification however we received no reply. Hvar was never mentioned in any of Your messages.

We understand You felt tired and frustrated given the fact Your voyage didn't go the way You expected however upon Your arrival to the hotel, Your attitude was rather hostile and although our receptionist did try to calm You down and expedite check-in as fast as possible to let You into Your room so You can refresh and relax as she was genuinly concerned for Your wellbeing, Your aggravation grew until You bluntly snapped at her. According to her words, her reaction was also appropriate, however still trying to defuze the situation, she did apologize to You for her seemingly cold response. Your claim that You never raised Your voice is in contrast to what was witnessed by our houskeeping personnel and by guests seated at the lounge.

Another misleading information in Your review is that there were charges made through Booking.com. Since this reservation was not made through the mentioned channel but directly through the hotel, we were able to cancel it after You abruptivly left the hotel 14 minutes and 35 seconds upon entering Your room, and no charges were made to You.

We do try our best to make every guests' stay at Palace Judita Heritage Hotel a wonderful experience and we do take great pride in providing excellent service, however we in no way accept disrespectful behaviour towards any of our employees, and we do not allow for any sort of misconduct that would lead to discomfort of any of our other guests.

At the end, we find personal comments or career advices aimed to belittle any service industry employee wether it is in Split or in Philadelphia distasteful.

Thank You.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This hotel is an amazing gem in Split! You could not ask for a better location - it is right on the main square in the Old City. You can walk out the door of the hotel and you are only seconds from the best restaurants and sites. The rooms are nice sized and appear to have recently been refurbished. There is also a nice breakfast buffet each morning. However, what really makes this hotel is the staff! The service is exceptional - from the moment that you make your reservation. I called and Andrija made sure to meet me outside the walls of the city and took my luggage to the hotel. They do a fantastic job of recommending sites in the area and even arranged a private tour with Anna - the best tour guide in the city. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and will definitely be suggesting it to my friends visiting the city!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
shadeCRO, Guest Relations Manager at Palace Judita Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Mr. David,

thank you for your positive feedback, we truly appreciate it. We hope to host you again soon.

Best regards,

Palace Judita Heritage Hotel

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This boutique hotel is located in the old town, our room window opened up to the town square and the view was marvellous. The rooms were cosy and extremely charming.
The staff was incredibly friendly and were able to provide helpful suggestions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anushka T
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

What a special visit. Its now Jan and I am still remembering how much fun this hotel was. Warm and welcoming. Location! Location! Andrea was the kindest host we have ever had and still makes us smile thinking about how funny and hardworking he was. Hotel is beautiful, breakfast was good, our room had a little balcony overlooking the square.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple