“Birthday surprise”

Laganini
Ranked #27 of 474 Restaurants in Split
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 46
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We wandered in to the Palace for my birthday dinner - no restaurant knew that,only us.
We walked off the "main drag" into a lovely courtyard and chose the smaller restaurant.
We wanted seafood, so our waiter recommended a mixed platter of Dalmatian seafoods, mussels,octopus, sea bass, tuna (delightfully not overcooked) shrimps with greens and vegetables. Exquisite - what a recommendation.
Somehow it got out that it was my birthday, so, even though we did not order desserts a piece of chocolate mudcake with flaming candle arrived!! A lovely surprise to end a lovely evening. Well done to all

2  Thank Neil M

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Called in here for lunch on the off chance last week, what a good choice.
The menu is relatively small, a good sign for us,with a nice and varied selection.
My partner had freshly caught squid, the best she's ever had ,not at all rubbery.
I opted for bull steak tender and cooked to perfection. A side order of fries between us completed the order.
Including bread & oil for dipping as a starter and 4 glasses of wine the bill came to about £75.00, not cheap but the quality of the food fully justified the cost.
BTW wine comes as 100m standard measure whereas 'wine on tap ' (house wine ) usually is 200m and is somewhat cheaper.
Highly recommended.

2  Thank gollane
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place by accident when looking for dinner in the rain. Initially we thought we would leave as there wasn't a vegetarian option on the menu but when we asked the waitress she suggested something and it was worth staying. The food is all home made and delicious and the surroundings of Diocletian's Palace made it a lovely evening. Would definitely return if we come back to Split.

1  Thank Seventytimes7
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Tom was our waiter and provided us with excellent service. His recommendations were spot on. The octopus salad was the best in Croatia, as my friend and I did taste tests starting in Zagreb and ending in Dubrovnik. Their salad was number 1. I went there twice for lunch during my short stay.

2  Thank kimi0923
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Friendly restaurant with great indoor/outdoor seating - perfect whatever the weather. Service was very good and we found lots of interesting dishes on the menu. My gazpacho was tasty and the tuna steak was exactly how I like it. Very reasonably priced for its atmospheric location right in the historic centre.

1  Thank amcfadzen