“Beautiful evening meal”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #12 of 474 Restaurants in Split
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 52
Description: Portofino is a Mediterranean restaurant offering wooden grill top quality steaks ,fine pastas and inovative fish dishes. With intimate and cozy envirioment, we are dedicated to offer prime service, carefully chosen local wines and tasty local dishes with a twist. Portofino is situated on a pictouresqe square within the ancient Palace walls, very close to the Main Cathedral St. Duje, and offers indoor and outdoor seating options. Reservations are recommended. We accept group reservations. Opened for lunch & dinner daily.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Bit pricey, but fantastic food, beautiful homemade humous, fabulous local recommended local wine, very nice chicken breast in parma ham,
And one of the best pannacotta to date. Very helpful staff.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This quiet location is a gem in Split with lovely outside seating and excellent service. We very much enjoyed our evening sitting in the courtyard of the historic Palace in the heart of Old Town.

But after reading all the 5 star reviews, we found the food to be a dissapointment. The menu is rather limited which would not be a problem other than our selections were nothing that would inspire us to return. It may have been just an off night for the chef as both the scampi entree and the lamb were bland and over cooked. The portions are large but not appetizing enough to want to eat more than a few bites.

The service and location are excellent but with all the options for delicious food in Split, I can only recommend enjoying a glass of wine at this lovely location.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We visited recently having read great reviews on TA. Staff were lovely but we didn’t find the food outstanding at all, menu quite limited. We thought the homemade macaroni served with teeny weeny shrimps (which looked out of a tin) very bland. An extensive wine list and waiter was very knowledgeable.
A pleasant night out but there are better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

eally good restaurant with friendly personal and very good food.
We had the salmon, filled chicken breast and the tagliatelle. All were very good. Not so much but it was enough. And it is also possible to order sideorders. The kitchen was open so you could see the cook preparing your food.

3  Thank Henk F
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had an enjoyable dining experience at the lovely Portofino but... it's just a bit too fussy for me: I don't like the waiter putting my napkin on my lap, I don't like the waiter asking how everything is then followed within seconds by another asking the same question. I don't like the waiter topping my wine and water up either. I can appreciate that a lot of people do like this type of service but it's just not me.

House wine was a bit pricey in my opinion and the shrimps in the pasta dish I had were tiny. Choice of desserts is minimal.

On the other hand the bruschetta starter was very tasty and plentiful. As was the duck and pear dish. Rack of lamb was done to perfection and well presented.