All reviews boutique hotel french style great hotel quiet street home away from home place to stay professional service well run hotel highest quality pillow menu three nights small hotel desk staff location was perfect comfortable beds would definitely stay here again major attractions
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We were in Odessa in August - the best time to visit to Odessa. We stayed in this beautiful hotel because our friends recommended us. The hotel is occupies a historical mansion of 19th century in the city center. Beautiful rooms, excellent service, very good restaurant. Highly recommend!)

Room Tip: Suite on the city side are perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Our visit to Odessa was too short, but great anyway.
This hotel was centrally located and convenient for all purposes.
Nice room, clean, and very helpful staff.
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
FKoklen, Генеральный директор at Frederic Koklen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Waldemar J!

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review following your recent stay with us! All our team is truly delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay ,our service and staff. We are always willing to make our guests feel like home, so it is always a great reward to our team to get positive feedbacks like yours.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This was advertised as boutique hotel and it kept promises. Quiet place but close to all interesting places to see and nearby also many nice restaurant. Large variety breakfast. Very helpful reception. Free parking.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear JuhaniP54!

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience from your recent stay with us.We are very glad to know that You enjoyed our central location and the service provided by our team. We hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome You back in future!

Best Regards,
General manager Tatiana Zagnitnaya

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I fell in love with Odessa during my six days and the Frederic Koklen played a big role in that. I always enjoyed coming back to the hotel after a day at the beach or evening out. It is close to the key sites in Odessa.

The staff are welcoming, friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. I particularly liked receiving the card and sweets from the manager upon my arrival. For the duration of my stay I felt like a valued customer.

My room was spacious, well furnished, well lit and with a comfortable large bed. I loved the high ceilings! It was on the second floor and looked onto the courtyard so I had concerns about privacy. The air conditioner also leaked on my first and final night at the hotel.

The bathroom was large, well designed. Unfortunately the hot water only got warm and that made shaving difficult and shampoo and shower gel were not replaced on my final two days in the hotel.

The breakfast was a bit underwhelming but there was something for everyone whether you enjoyed a savoury or sweet breakfast.

If I ever return to Odessa I will stay here again and will recommend it to friends and family who wish to visit the city too!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Louis G!

Thank you for choosing Frederic Koklen and your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and our hotel, which is unique historical hotel in Odessa with its combination of warm traditional style and legacy.We would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken into account and shared with the relevant departments for further improvement in quality and service provided to our hotel guests. It was our true pleasure having you and all the group as our guests and we all are looking forward to welcome you back to make your experience even better than before!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel Koklen is a pleasant property with good location, rooms are well appointed, with very comfortable beds which was extremely important for me. The best thing about the hotel is the people at the reception, they are very helpful and pleasant (especially Lisa). Breakfast could be better, things were too sugary for me, I would like to see more healthy options, however for Eastern European standards its not bad. I recommend this hotel, but book through the hotel web site rather than booking.com, hotel web site has much better prices and options

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ankaraman!

Let me thank you for choosing the Frederic Koklen. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your room and the service provided by our team. Our guests’ feedback is very important for us since it allows us to understand which areas require our special attention in order to provide our guests with superior service and outstanding experiences. We are trying our best to maintain the feel of history at the same time keeping up with the modern times and we are pleased that You appreciated this fact. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future to turn your next experience with us into completely enjoyable one.