Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
  • Breakfast included
US$ 116
US$ 84
Free cancellation until 01/08
Hotel Casa Rustica(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
US$ 38
US$ 233
US$ 140
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/08
  • Pool
Hotel La Sin Ventura(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 214
US$ 197
Adra Hostel(Antigua)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsserene courtyarddon pedrotartinescolonial mansionrequested a quiet roomred eye flightantique furnituretwo nightsmain plazahotel is lovelyrainy seasonwithin easy walking distancewe've stayedlight sleeperlake atitlanboutique hoteleach morning
Reviewed 27 November 2014

Its an old "palace" around a pretty and well-furnished courtyard. It's attractive and stylish, and I'm sure most visits go off pretty well. We stayed twice, separated by a few days, and for the first stay were upgraded to a very large premium room . The hotel seemed very quiet. Only real problem was that the shower sprayed water everywhere and was not easily usable. It was a very obvious fault, easily seen as soon as you turned on the shower. We reported it first morning, were told it would be fixed that day. We were told when we returned that evening that it had been fixed. But it was exactly the same and was the same when we left presumably for the enjoyment of those following us.

When we returned for a second visit, we'd booked and had confirmed a specific room- their website facilitates this. We were simply shown to another room that we didn't much like without explanation. I took it up with the desk staff and got nowhere. They simply refused to give us the room we'd booked and which they had confirmed. It turned out that some other guest wanted that room and they simply gave it to him. I can't consider that this behaviour is acceptable and so my rating should be read as 5* for the hotel, and 1* for some of the people who run it. Some of them are of course very decent- for example Monica who handled our reservation and our transfers to/from the hotel.

You might also want to note that the hotel, albeit very centrally situated, is on the main road out of town and traffic noise in the night in the rooms to the front of the hotel is a fact of life. There are other hotels of a similar style and quality in Antigua, and we'd give one of those a try next time.

Room Tip: See review. If you want a specific room then you need to be very sure that they're going to give it to you. If a light sleeper, avoid the front of the hotel. In -room free Wifi is variable
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidHBerkshire_UK
Reviewed 20 October 2014

It used to be a real palace during the colonial period and now they did a great remodeling job to make it a hotel and restaurant. Rooms are so beautiful, each one is different; pretty modern and comfortable and at the same time full of antiques: chandeliers, furniture, statues, lamps and paintings are all around the place... the garden is wonderful and food delicious. The staff is very helpful and efficient. Excellent location, it's only a few steps away from the Cathedral and the Central Park and 2 blocks away from other attractions. I definitively recommend it if you want an elegant, modern and chic hotel in Antigua.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Everything about our stay here was really lovely. The decor has been completed with incredible attention to detail-- the rooms are beautifully painted and the beds and bathrooms are heavenly. We had several meals in the garden area and the food and service was excellent. Everyone on the staff was welcoming and highly professional. The best part is that it is centrally located and even though we were staying during Semana Santa our room was very quiet in the evenings and at night. I highly recommend this hotel for couples and even for families with children.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the street and it was very quiet at all times.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Perfect staging point to explore Antigua. Our visit happened in August, the rainy season. However only our 1st day had rain. Don't be surprised if you've dinned outside and return after 8:00 that the doors will be closed. Knock and the porter will let you in.
Wifi is strongest in the courtyard and there's a 2nd network around the pool.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I first saw this incredible property at the end of a medical mission trip to Zacapa in 2010. I immediately fell in love and promised myself that I would one day return and stay in this Spanish Palacio. My dream of staying here came to life for two glorious evenings in July while traveling to Guatemala on business. From the moment I was greeted on the phone to confirm my reservations to the moment that I reluctantly checked out every moment was perfect. The staff was unbelievable... from the lovely manager to the warm grounds keeper to the caring ladies that cleaned and turned my bed down, every moment was perfect. I felt like the little girl that dreams of on day being a princess and having a palace of her very own. This place is the perfect experience in Antigua.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo