See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Private room with one queensized bed and one "normal" cost 100 quetzales per night. There is only one bathroom with shower so occasionally we had to wait, but it was ok. I mean there only seemed to be three rooms sharing it anyways, two of which were privates and the other a 4 bed dorm.

All of Antigua is really close by (as it is a very small town) and they organize tours and shuttles at better rates than the other places we looked at. 60 Q to go to Pacaya (with a guide in a group) and 70 Q to get to Panajachel.

They did have a dog (a super cute golden named Bobby), so if you're allergic you might want to look for another place to stay. For me however it was great since I really love dogs and he was very friendly and calm.

The clearing was a bit so so.. I could have wished that the one bathroom would be in a bit better shape, but then again, you get what you pay for! It wasn't disgusting like that and it was cleaned at least once per day, it could have been a bit cleaned though. You know?

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

We didn't stay here but used their travel agents. The staff were fairly accommodating and we were given a good price for the tours we booked in comparison with other travel agents we had received quotes from.

The third party tour companies they used were good but Onvisa's drivers for collection and drop off are quite tardy and enjoy making unnecessary stops which adds to your journey.

Of the tours we booked with them, our tour of Lake Atitlan was very good. However, our tour of Volcano Pacaya was not so much. We also booked our shuttle to the airport with them and again they arrived late.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2015

its a place nice, nice garden! the people is very friendly! the tours was so nice.. thanks for all.. i recomend to everybody want to take a good and nice place! and the restaurant next to hostel, was great..

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

My wallet was in my backpack in the hall way beside my private room for less thab 5 minutes. My door was open but I wasn't paying proper attention. The staff refused to believe that the wallet was stolen in the first place saying I must have lost it. Completely unsympathetic to the fact it was lost saying it was my responsibility etc. There was my self and one other traveler in the hotel and 4 members of staff, I was watching out and there was no one else there. I honestly believe it was taken by a member of staff. Rude staff.

Also they have birds in the middle of the hotel which are really loud and wake you up in the night. Why they keep noisy birds next to the rooms is beyond me.

This is a cheap place, the rooms are decent. But let down by the lack of concern by the staff.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesclarke291
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I booked a shuttle from Antigua back to Guatemala City. This is a 45 minute ride. This took nearly 2.5 hours because my shuttle drove around for over an hour to chat with friends and eventually pick up the last passenger to really pack the shuttle out. They won't leave until it is full.

All luggage is strapped to the top of the shuttle. I didn't lose anything but it made me very nervous!

2 stars because I got there in one piece....haha