“dry tasteless meat! ”

Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome To Pappy's BBQ"We've got nothing to hide, so the sauce is on the side!" "COME EARLY, BE LOUD, TAKE DA PARTY!"What's our secret? We prepare delicious, juicy Texas Style BBQ daily using only the best ingredients. We start by slow smoking our meats from 6-18 hours over white oak wood from a sustainable forest and finish them off with a selection of delicious sauces and your choice of sides all prepared fresh in house. Enjoy it all at Pappy's then take em home for yourself. If you leave here hungry, it's your own fault!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews and decided to go here for a meal, the food sounded mouthwatering.

I ordered some wings which were really good!

Then as main I had a 1lb of babyback ribs and a 1 lb of the brisket,

They give you some sauces to add to the dishes to enhance the flavour, but the sauces are watery and just taste pretty poor,

The ribs were tough and dry, and the brisket although very tender was very fatty and lacked that smokehouse flavour.

They ( smoke there meat in house) I say (smoke) because they seem to do it in an electric cupboard about the size of a small flat screen tv, I think this is probably why they don’t achieve the smokey ness you would expect from a restaurant of this type,

Spend your cash somewhere else there’s much much better places in Antigua than this place.

Bike_Guatemala, Owner at Pappy's BBQ Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Jamie,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Pappy's. Although we try our hardest every day to produce the best products, every once in a while some dry ribs might get served. Those boxes you see are our food warmers. Try to imagine we are constantly bringing the meat off our big smokers out back, we have three different kinds of hand made smokers out back, the smallest of which can hold 250lbs of meat. They only use White oak, we don't use gas, charcoal, or any substitute, just massive amounts of White oak wood. It's a mellow tasting wood, and depending on where you might know your Q from, it might not have the same taste as yer used to.
Anyway, I'd love to take you for a tour, get you some real good ribs, and turn your image of Pappy's around. We are the best BBQ that we know of, and I'd love a chance to prove that to you once and for all. But you have to admit that out of the thousands of people we serve, everything may not always be perfect. My cell phone number is 5043-5547, so feel free to call me directly, or my email address is ideas@bbqguate.com. Let's schedule up a time when we can eat, and make it perfect for you.
:Blake, owner/Pit Boss

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The brisket was amazing! Quality/Price relationship was phenomenal. The “fall off the bone” baby back ribs were spectacular as well. Great service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place has really good food and excellent michelada we come often to this restaurant and the quality of the food is always good. Yesterday we ordered the Pappys Burger and a plate with three meets I’m a big fan of this place. Would recommend to everyone in town.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Yes, Pappy´s BBQ have the best burger in town! The staff is helpful and nice, they have good drinks and extras.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Wow what a wonderful surprise
The food in this town at best is mediocre
We had a brisket sandwich on beget and it was INCREDIBLE.
This being said by barbecue lover supreme
The flavor would be competitive with any joint in Texas