“Special in Every Way”

Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Unique Coastal Kitchen & Drinks. Awarded 'Best Seafood Restaurant' in New England - New England Travel & Life. Best of Award of Excellence Wine Spectator 2015. ZAGAT top table. Executive Chef-Owners, Angela & Seth Raynor have been recognized locally and nationally for culinary innovation, beautiful decor and warm hospitality. Wok Fried Lobster | Prime Porterhouse for 2 | BBQ Beef with sauce | Dinner nightly Mid May
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I return to the Pearl year after year and the experiencehas never disappointed. This is a high end, beautiful people scene with food and drinks to match. Like Nantucket, it is expensive but worth every penny. I love the passion fruit Martini and Wok Fried Lobster- it is nothing short of amazing. This is a hard reservation but the picky crowd here all wants to arrive 8:00-8:30. So even if you can't get a reservation, chances are there is a no show at 6:30 or spit in the bar for you.

Angela R, Owner at The Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing!
We always encourage walk-ins and day of check-ins as guests plans may change with the weather! We strive to be consistent and inspired each and every season, for both our returning and first time guests. The Wok-fried Lobster and Passionfruit Martini remaining at the top of our guests all time favorites list!
Look forward to seeing you next season,
Many thanks and hope you have a wonderful winter,
Angela

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation for 6pm, and when we arrived we asked if we could have an open table in a corner. We were told we could not have that table because it was reserved for later and we might not be done in time. About two minutes later, a party without a reservation walked in and was seated at the same corner table that we were denied. They were told they had to be done by 7:45, but we were not given that option. (We were in fact done by 7:45.) I asked about this and was given a tepid apology by the hostess, but nothing was done to address the issue.

I think what actually happened was that they didn't want to have to turn away a walk in party - but this resulted in treating the walk ins better than a party who had reserved - not to mention that we were essentially lied to about the availability of the table. This is a bad approach, especially for an upscale restaurant in an area with a lot of frequent restaurant goers.

The food was very good, the decor is beautiful, and the service was OK.

1  Thank aheaton
Angela R, Owner at The Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologize fro the way my team handled the seating of table 3. I wish all of our tables could be corner tables. We strive to partner with all of our guests to accommodate seating preferences, standing reservations and special requests. In short it is an ever moving dynamic, the 7:45 guests is hard of hearing and dines with us weekly and will truly only sit at one specific table for these reasons. Our tables are reserved to allow two hours for parties of two. I agree my team should have explained in more detail the scenario and offered you the table to enjoy by partnering with you on the timing.
I hope you will join us in the future, I would love to say hello and welcome you in the manner we are known for .
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The food here is always good and the service is fine. It is just a poor value. We only ordered apps and the bill came to more than many of the other restaurants.

1  Thank mimiPrinceton_NJ
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Amazing food, service and atmosphere! Great cocktail menu and the lobster dish is a must! This restaurant is a must.

Thank you!!!
We are delighted you loved your experience!.
Cheers,

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I, along with another couple, went to The Pearl for dinner. The food was amazing! Most of the menu consisted of what seemed like Asian food combined with seafood. Three out of the four of us got the Salt and Pepper Wok Fried Lobster that consisted of two lobster tails and two claws. The lo menu noodles that were under the lobster also tasted great and could have been a stand-alone meal. For just under $60, the price was a little more than most dinners in Nantucket but it did come with lots of lobster so that was good! The drink menu and wine list were very good as well. Overall, the food was fantastic and the dark atmosphere was cool. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and reservations need to be made well in advance. I would absolutely get the Wok Fried Lobster again!

Angela R, Owner at The Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for joining us at the pearl!
I am so glad you enjoyed your evening with us.
The Wok Fried Lobster is our single most popoular dish, we serve two tails versus the single tail many spots serve, as guests kept ordering a double order for themselves! Wine & drinks are a real passion for our team, we strive to keep pace with our culinary team. We hope you are able to join us again, soon.
I am at the pearl 98% of the time, would love to say hello next time.