“I want to keep this a hidden gem!”

Nantucket White House Inn
Ranked #16 of 39 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Boston
“I want to keep this a hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I just returned from a weekend trip to Nantucket where we stayed at The White House and I can't say enough good things. But, I don't want to give too glowing of a review, because I want to keep it a hidden gem so I can get a room there whenever I want to go back (and we will). Honestly though, the location of this can't be beat. We were in Room 4 and it was a great size with the amenities you'd need for a weekend away. I stayed in the actual bedroom and the bed was very comfortable. However, my friends on the queen pull out sofa did mention it could use a new mattress, but for the value and location, it is sill a deal!

I'd highly recommend this for your ACK travel accommodations !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bostontraveler6
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

This year girl's weekend was on Nantucket. Friend from Idaho and Maryland. We find The White House on the internet. Book it, and look forward to our trip.

We arrived on Friday afternoon, and easily walked to the bed and breakfast, to find it above The Candy Store! YUM - the smell was delightful. We got our key at the candy counter, and went up to our room. We had room #3. I guess I didn't pay attention to the website, because what a shock when we found it to be a complete apartment!

Full kitchen, bedroom, TWO sleep sofas, big fridge, beach towels, etc......

Everything was perfect. The place was spotless. The towels were wonderful - huge, fluffy, and smelled so clean. They even provided us with beach towels! We came and went as we pleased, and by the time we got back each day, the little elves had completely cleaned our rooms.

There was a beautiful private yard that we sat and had drinks in the first night, After coming back from a night out, we sat on the bench out front to enjoy the night air. It was just absolutely perfect. Everything!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

One of the few places we could find in Nantucket that allows children (very strange for a vacation spot...), the White House will be our Inn of choice on future visits. The rooms are very comfortable with fresh linens and fluffy towels. We loved the in town location, perfect to walk to local sites. Breakfast vouchers great!

Thanks!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

My friend and I were having a very hard time finding an inn that would let us come with her 3-year old. We finally stumbled upon the White House Inn, and we felt after our visit that there could not have been a more perfect place for us on the island. The inn is charming, just above a cute antiques shop. It's central, and it's on one of the prettiest blocks in town. We highly recommend it and definitely would go back!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Harryh31Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at the White House. Being on a budget, I stumbled onto our accomodations (rm #3) by trying to find the most inexpensive room that met our minimum requirements: located near the center of town, queen size bed, air conditioning, & private bath. I must say it exceeded our expectations! You can't beat the location - its in the heart of town (<4min walk to steamship authority,<2min walk to Jetties/Madaket shuttles). You might have some problems if you need handholding. There isn't a person on-site dedicated strictly to the B&B. However, the couple that run the antique store downstairs who handle check-in/check-out are both super nice. (They kept some ice for us in their personal freezer). They are around to help when the store is open (10AM - ?). The daily cleaning was superb. I never met her, but my wife said the cleaning lady was extremely nice. This room is a tight fit. The bed takes up 90% of the floor space, but it didn't bother us. There was a wall unit that could store our suitcases off the floor. The bathroom was also a bit cramped, but again not a big deal. (I believe the more expensive rooms are bigger & may have more amenities). The bedding, bath towels, & beach towels were all of superior quality and better than expected. Our room was extremely quiet at night. We didn't hear a peep outside (w/ the window closed) or from an ajoining room. We received a pair of $8 breakfast vouchers for each of our three mornings that were accepted at three different cafes. We tried all three - all were excellent (Even Keel has a great outdoor patio, Arno's was the sharpest looking). The only minor irritations we had (what good is a review if you can't offer up something that can be improved on?): (1) terrible toilet paper - the room looks elegant and you can tell good money went into it, don't ruin that by saving .50c per roll on toilet paper. (2) The flat screen HD TV is a perfect size and in a perfect location for that room. While the HD channels came in crystal clear it was annoying that all the non HD channels came in fuzzy to varying degrees. All in all, we were very pleased with our accomaditions and would stay here again. We highly recommend the White House!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple