“Great Inn and Great Stay”

House of the Seven Gables
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
House of the Seven Gables
Ranked #30 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Inn and Great Stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This past summer I stayed at the Seven Gables with my husband and daughter we loved every minute! Easy walk to town and the beach! Step Beach is the best beach on the island!! Rooms are cozy, comfy and clean. We enjoyed breakfast each day on the patio and the beautiful gardens.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We are frequent visitors to the island, and stay at the same places all the time. I decided to look for something a little different, and quaint. We definitely found it.
If you are looking to avoid some of the pretentious clientele that is all over ACK, this is a great place to do so. My one and only request with simpler hotels and BBs is cleanliness.
The ladies of the Inn keep the rooms spotless, I honestly felt like I was at home. They brought in a delicious breakfast tray with fresh coffee, toast and muffins right to the door. A really nice touch...
I highly recommend this spot, an incredible value on Nantucket.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank DNB25
Martigny-Croix, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I lived on Nantucket for nearly 10 years and since leaving have stayed in a number of guest houses and this was by far my favorite. I will stay here from now on, no need to look further. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable and I slept so soundly, even though Nantucket was in the middle of a heat wave. No air conditioning in the room that I stayed in but it was cool in the night. The bathroom was enormous and the water pressure in the shower was amazing!

The breakfast that was served in my room was delicious and bountiful, I didn't expect such a big choice of very good breakfast treats. I had a problem with the internet and Dottie called in someone to take a look at the inn's connection and personally came up to my room to see if it got working again. Which it did.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Beaupeep99
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2011

If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced, friendly place to stay, you need to stay here at the House of the Seven Gables. Our hostess, Dottie, made sure that everything was perfect with our stay. My sisters and I enjoyed the house and the bedrooms, and we especially loved the delicious breakfast that Dottie served us out back in the gardens.
The B & B was a close walk to town and the wharf. The rooms were quiet, historic, and comfortable. We stayed in three nice rooms on the second floor. The ocean breeze was delightful in every room. We will certainly stay here again during our next visit to Nantucket. You can't go wrong with this excellent property!

Room Tip: Room sizes vary with location, so be sure to let them know what you most desire.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kmfitzgerald
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Inn and we loved it both times. Very quiet a bit off from town on CLIFF road, this is a great spot. It's about a 10min walk to get to downtown and unlike other inns its also a 10-15 min walk in the other direction to get to jetties beach. Its also just a 3min walk from Something Natural one of the best sandwich/salad/bakeries on the island.

Jetties has a restaurant and bar right on the beach so it's nice to be able to walk 10mins to get a drink and watch the beach as the sun goes down(it doesn't face sunset but still pretty).

Every morning a nice continental breakfast is served to your room with great coffee and a nice little assortment of pasties and bagels, etc.. The beds are VERY comfortable with a thick memory foam topper and great pillows. We stayed in room 11 both times(this yr and 2009) and love the private sitting area and own bath.

The staff remembered our names and the last time we had visited. While I see what other reviews have said that they aren't exactly throwing confetti when you arrive, i personally like the minimal attention which allows us to just do our own thing. At the same time anytime we ever needed anything they were there to provide it right away and are always so nice.

We will definitely be coming back again, and imo the price of the rooms here along with location are the best you can get this close to everything.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple