New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Honeymoon Bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brant Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Brant Point Inn
Ranked #8 of 42 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Detroit, Michigan
“Honeymoon Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

After painstakingly looking at Nantucket inns while planning our honeymoon, we chose the Brant Point Inn based on Trip Advisor ratings and comments. We stayed two nights in a secluded room on the third floor, and just adored it. The location is walking distance from the walks and downtown, as well as to the beach/lighthouse. Our room was clean and cozy, and we had amazing breezes from the airy windows. The bathroom was small, but that is typical with any B&B. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband and I researched MANY places to spend our 1 year anniversary (from Alaska to the Grand Canyon to Martha's Vineyard) and it didn't take too long to decide on Nantucket after reading the interesting history and hearing of the beautiful cobblesone streets. I must have called 20 b&b's when we finally decided on The Brant Point Inn based on price but also on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Sure I found places that were slightly less in price but the reviews and pictures of the horrible make shift showers, etc. were horrifying. From the second we arrived we were beaming with happiness over our decision to stay there. We were greeted with the utmost hospitality by Thea (who owns the Inn along with her husband Peter) and Trenita who assists them.

We stayed on the top (3rd) floor in room 110 at Atlantic Mainstay but were able to take a peek in most all the rooms. Thea and Peter own both inns and they are right next door to each other and are both almost identical in room decor. The exposed wooden beams and skylight (that opens) were my two favorite features in our spacious room but we would have been happy in any of the rooms we saw. There was a sitting area, fair sized bathroom and nice, clean shower. Also, all rooms have a plethora of windows. Being from Alabama with heat temp of 104 degrees, we loved sleeping with the windows open allowing for the cool crisp air to circulate. There was not an air conditioner but there is NO NEED for one. My husband can't sleep without a loud fan and Thea and Trenita were so gracious to accommodate him and then some in this area. (the Inn has no shortage of fans)

The muffins each morning were fantastic and the coffee was perfect. They rotated the muffins they baked each morning so you have a variety during your stay. ALL were great in my opinion.

The location could not have been better. We were just a short walk to the harbor and Main Street which we visited many times daily. We decided to tour the Island on our own so we rented a double scooter from Cooks Cycles, just 2 blocks down the road (I highly recommend them also).

I miss this place already and we can't wait to visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Sharon D
West Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Brant Point Inn for the 2011 Christmas Stroll. What a gem!! We are SOOOOO happy we found it online. It is very close to the Steamship Authority Dock- with rolling luggage it was a very easy commute.

The Inn was beautifully decorated for the holidays and has a fabulous view (equipped with white lights for the Christmas Season) from the widow's walk.

There are 3 floors and 8 rooms. They are all beautiful (we peeked into most as we arrived early and the doors were open for guests who had not yet checked in). This brings me to my next point. We were on the 8 am ferry and checked into our room immediately at 9:00. We met both the owners upon check-in and they are absolutely lovely. Thea grew up with her family running the Inn and is a consummate professional.

Room was spotless and well-decorated. There was free wi-fi, a continental breakfast (we went out for breakfast, but this would be great for a quick start in the am). The owners own the property directly next door which is where the breakfast takes place.

The Inn is a very short and beautiful walk to the center of town. The owners were very helpful in making plans and pointing out great options for dining/touring, etc.

Two thumbs up- we will DEFINITELY stay here on our next trip to Nantucket!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scrappy24
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

What a cute little inn! We stayed for two nights and absolutely loved it. Location is great - a quick 5-10 minute walk to downtown or to the ferry. We really appreciated the service and the homey feel we experienced from the moment we arrived. We stayed on the third floor and loved how roomy it was!

• Stayed October 2011
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

The Brant Point Inn was a very nice surprise for me. I like the fact they are just a block or so from all the retail and restaurants because it is quiet. My room (#125 I believe) was very nice for one person, two if you are a couple. The decor was fresh, the windows kept open for the night cool air and a fan if I needed it. The bathroom was updated and a mini fridge located on the floor.

Breakfast was minimal, but I later learned that in Nantucket the B&B's can't serve anything with protein. Apparently there was a dissagreement / law created with the restaurants and the Inns and that was the outcome. So you can't really complain!

The Inn keepers were very polite, helpful and professional. I called them for availability a second time and after not hearing from me for a couple weeks Thea followed up with an email. I appreciate Inn Keepers who are curtious, but not pushy.

Room Tip: Ask if air conditioning is in the room, althought Nantucket does cool down at night.