“Fabulous Stay at Brant Point Inn”
Review of Brant Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Brant Point Inn
Ranked #12 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Brant Point Inn for the 2011 Christmas Stroll. What a gem!! We are SOOOOO happy we found it online. It is very close to the Steamship Authority Dock- with rolling luggage it was a very easy commute.

The Inn was beautifully decorated for the holidays and has a fabulous view (equipped with white lights for the Christmas Season) from the widow's walk.

There are 3 floors and 8 rooms. They are all beautiful (we peeked into most as we arrived early and the doors were open for guests who had not yet checked in). This brings me to my next point. We were on the 8 am ferry and checked into our room immediately at 9:00. We met both the owners upon check-in and they are absolutely lovely. Thea grew up with her family running the Inn and is a consummate professional.

Room was spotless and well-decorated. There was free wi-fi, a continental breakfast (we went out for breakfast, but this would be great for a quick start in the am). The owners own the property directly next door which is where the breakfast takes place.

The Inn is a very short and beautiful walk to the center of town. The owners were very helpful in making plans and pointing out great options for dining/touring, etc.

Two thumbs up- we will DEFINITELY stay here on our next trip to Nantucket!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scrappy24
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Brant Point Inn

Reviewed 24 October 2011

What a cute little inn! We stayed for two nights and absolutely loved it. Location is great - a quick 5-10 minute walk to downtown or to the ferry. We really appreciated the service and the homey feel we experienced from the moment we arrived. We stayed on the third floor and loved how roomy it was!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The Brant Point Inn was a very nice surprise for me. I like the fact they are just a block or so from all the retail and restaurants because it is quiet. My room (#125 I believe) was very nice for one person, two if you are a couple. The decor was fresh, the windows kept open for the night cool air and a fan if I needed it. The bathroom was updated and a mini fridge located on the floor.

Breakfast was minimal, but I later learned that in Nantucket the B&B's can't serve anything with protein. Apparently there was a dissagreement / law created with the restaurants and the Inns and that was the outcome. So you can't really complain!

The Inn keepers were very polite, helpful and professional. I called them for availability a second time and after not hearing from me for a couple weeks Thea followed up with an email. I appreciate Inn Keepers who are curtious, but not pushy.

Room Tip: Ask if air conditioning is in the room, althought Nantucket does cool down at night.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CharStan
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We were originally supposed to stay in the Brant Point Inn, but we ended up in the Atlantic Mainstay (same owner, hotel is across the parking lot from the Brant Point Inn). We had a great stay, the owner, Thea, was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaMM99
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had a fantastic stay at the Brant Point Inn this past weekend. For starters the location is great. It was less than a 10 minute walk (with luggage) from the ferry, and you could be back in town to eat or whatever in no time. Jetties beach is a short walk and you can practically see the Children's beach. Two different buses stop at the corner.

We had the top floor room, which was large and airy. The exposed beams were a nice touch. Besides being spotlessly clean throughout the owners went to great lengths to ensure the building was well built, and it just has a really solid feel to it, unlike some B&B's which feel creaky and old. There was a big flat screen TV in the room, but we didn't watch TV.

There's a fridge at the end of the hall for people on that floor to use, and an ice machine on the 2nd floor. The owners graciously provide a bunch of other amenities that you don't always find elsewhere - clean beach towels every day, beach chairs to borrow, etc. There were racks in the back to park our bikes and a patio to sit outside and relax. The deck on the roof was great for a little happy hour, and it's lit up with xmas lights at night.

There were only a couple of minor things I would point out, neither of which would prevent me from going back:
1) The breakfast is so limited we didn't go after seeing it the first day. The muffins are more like tiny cupcakes. But then again I don't think I've seen a breakfast at a B&B that I was impressed with. Cook's Cafe is a short walk down the block and they have a variety of breakfast stuff, and there's always the excellent Even Keel a short walk into town.
2) The cathedral ceiling in the top floor room is definitely great for tall people like us, but the shower was a bit small and the bifold shower door was a bit clumsy to deal with. There's not much option for doors in a small bathroom like that though.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple